The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

shaving is boring Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    hey wiki you're so fine
  2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    From Sega Amusement's Linkedin

1631019149388.jpeg

3. cartridgeculture

cartridgeculture

Wiki Contributor Member
    Not to get too off-topic, but @Black Squirrel thank you for the new Employment template, it's very well set-up and I super dig it. Alongside the division field in the CompanyBob and the StaffList template, they're doing a great job cleanly tying things together :)

4. Hexinator

Hexinator

Hex Member
    I don't know if somebody already knows this but :
    I was messin with the dev menu of sonic mania, then i found in the videos section an ending titled "True End?" going to it shows a picture of knuckles reading a book to the animals called (Sonic Mania & Knuckles) or something like that because the text is cut out, in a desert while sonic and tails are behind him, a joke? i don't know

5. Nik Pi

Nik Pi

It's a ending in "& Knuckles" mode, as I know..

6. kyasarintsu

kyasarintsu

The Drum Master series has a new song, "Sonic the Hedgehog Medley":

Previously, there was "Sonic 4 Episode 1 Medley":

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    hey wiki you're so fine
    I know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask anyway:

Modern video games have massive lists of credits (and that's just a 2010 example - they've got bigger since!)... which need mirroring on Sega Retro so we can automate the people pages. Typing all of this out by hand is an error-prone slog (I know this from experience), and OCR won't always speed up the process. It really ought to be extracted from the games themselves if possible.

is anyone able to do this? There's a lot of mess to clear up.

If you're averse to search boxes - we're missing most post-Dreamcast console Sega games, though some Sonic ones have been dealt with (though in many cases an old assumption has been made that multiple platforms share the same credits, which probably isn't going to be true).

It's helpful when ranting about things on the internet. Sonic 4 Episode II had both its programming and artwork outsourced, so there's not much "Sega" in there outside of localisation.

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

Arizona
    Ohshima mentions again that Taku Makino made the first 3D model of Sonic.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • List
  9. Ted618

Ted618

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    hey wiki you're so fine
    I think that was covered briefly by the Western press too. These kinds of "technology" product launches generally occured in Akihabara (though you get this strange situation where despite having massive dedicated Sega arcades... they're never in shot because they don't sell video games there).

There might be footage somewhere, unless I'm getting mixed up with the Dreamcast launch. Space Channel 5 did something similar. I think they erected a stage for that one.

11. Ted618

Ted618