don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Doomsday cannot come immediately after the "final boss" because Robotnik drops the Master Emerald and suddenly it's in his ship again.

2. TheGreen1

TheGreen1

Don't bother using Logic in the early Sonic Games. It doesn't work.

You want an Example?

Sonic 2, Death Egg. After beating the crappy Silver Sonic, Sonic tries to chase after Robotnik.

Now, considering that Sonic moves at over 200MPH, and that Robotnik is rather fat and out of shape.

How the HELL does Robotnik outrun Sonic?

3. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    Well, let's just pretend that Eggman came by and picked it up.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I love taking the opportunity to paste this copypasta, I really do. XD

5. I loved that LP.

... anyway, we could say that the platform Sonic was on collapsed, Eggman snatched the emerald in midfall, and Sonic went Super to chase after him (precedent: Sonic went super last time he was falling from the Death Egg).

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    About the biplane in sonic 2, I always thought tails would have fixed the blown engine (since he was on the ground) in the time sonic was in death egg, but it was cool so they just brought it back for sonic 3.

7. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    [​IMG]
    Thanks to Archie, you can now see Amy's new design as I see it.

8. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I love that explanation, Overlord. =P

As for I? Just finished reading this topic from start to finish. Never noticed you could gain lives by collecting the tiny animals in SA2, for starters. :)

9. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Where did this rather creepy thing come from?

10. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Hell.

Actually, quite the stumble in, when I was trying to find the missing images for SST. I found all of them in this site, that is only available on google by accessing the cache.

http://i48.tinypic.com/28vznkl.jpg

That's why I didn't credit it. There are some setting images there as well, dunno if they're artwork. The Sonic without eyes is the first one, the second is smaller. Neither have eyes. I found that artwork again in Sonicscene and in some russian site, but that's where I saw it first.

11. [​IMG]
    I find this adorable. Found it in the Super Mario Land 2 instruction manual.

12. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    So, basically, all those images combined make one of two versions of the game's Wii cover (with Sonic looking in two possible directions)?

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    What about the blue ones in Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island?

14. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

If the model and the image with the ears and eyes are overlaid, then they're a perfect match. The second set of eyes must be the base from where the set with half missing to fit is modelled from. Found another site with it: http://www.sonicstyle.org/artwork/segatenn...ndex.php?page=2
    This was probably at the FTP at some point. Can't remember that far back.

15. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    … so does that mean that the guys responsible for packaging can't use freaking LAYERS? :psyduck:

16. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    I've never seen this documented anywhere before, so here goes.

In Flying Battery Zone (S3&K), there's a glitch that occurs with Sonic & Tails. Specifically, when Sonic jumps on top of a capsule that acts like a spring, Tails will also spring into the air, even if he isn't on a capsule.

EDIT: Even if Tails is falling or jumping, then he still springs up when Sonic does. Just something worth noting.

EDIT2: Hell, even if Tails is flying he still springs upwards. :psyduck:

17. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    Can't expect you to have sat through GoldS' entire Let's Glitch S3K series, but I remember seeing that in his Flying Battery vid, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6GVyq_Ub-c

18. JoyJoyfulTheRabbit

JoyJoyfulTheRabbit

Beginner
    Singapore
    Comic
    Do You know about Mach The Rabbit? He bears resemblance to the Energizer Bunny and Duracell Bunny.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His Ability type must be speed because of his own name. :v:

19. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I knew this for a while, but never took the chance to look him up. And unfortunately it's too late to ask him anything. But the person who wrote the lyrics to Toot Toot Sonic Warrior and possibly Cosmic Eternity was Casey Rankin. He passed away on January 2nd of this year. :(

http://www.pure-records.com/casey/

20. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    I had need of the object pointer list for Sonic 3 alone (unconnected to Sonic & Knuckles), but I couldn't find it in the SCHG. I compiled the list myself (and added it to the Sonic 3 alone SCHG) but as I did so I discovered 3 objects I've not seen before - and they weren't in the Game Secrets articles, either.

$1A: Odd seesaw platform, Sonic sticks to the middle and can't walk out.

$1C: Block that bumps up when hit from the bottom, hurts you when you land on the top, and appears to have a rotating animation.

$A7: Prototype "Blaster" badnik from FBZ (? - I'm assuming here, since it behaves similarly, and was right above Technosqueek in the list); it doesn't move like the final, and its projectiles can be destroyed by a Spin Attack as if they were mini-badniks themselves! That is seriously awesome/weird.

The trouble is, their art doesn't load properly. I don't know if anyone knows anything about these, or if there are any builds of Sonic 3 that might still have FBZ art stuck in them that might load these objects properly.

If you want to see them quickly in Gens, enter the Game Genie code for Zone Select (AA6T-AAXC), and then enter one of these codes:

05FEA4:1A00
    05FEA4:1C00
    05FEA4:A700

These codes will replace the first item in Hydrocity Act 1 (the Ring Monitor on the left ledge) with the corresponding object.

Anyone know what these are?