don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    Hi all! :)

So I was playing S2&K today... Look what I found when I entered the special stage.

[​IMG]

Dose anyone else see whats wrong with this picture? Because I sure did, I LOL'ed so hard when I saw it. It looks like Sega must have got lazy on us and completely forgot to redo knuckles arms. I can't believe I never noticed this before. lol

What do you all think of this?

2. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    Haha, I never noticed. That's kind of funny.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I noticed it, and I'm guessing a lot of other people did too.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Yeah, they just took Sonic's body and slapped Knuckles' head from the S3K Special Stages (although adapted to the new palette).

5. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    If I'm remembering correctly, Tails also has this problem.
    Edit: Yep, but it's hard to see because his tails get in the way:
    [​IMG]

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Never noticed that with Tails, probably because his tails get in the way like you say and the colour blends in with more. Knuckles bare arms in the special stages did always bug me though. Ever noticed how Amy, Sonic, Charmy and Vector are the only characters that don't make use of their primary colour on their arms? Rouge too kinda, but she's all kinds of weird in design.

7. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    You forgot Mighty. That said, what the hell, I didn't notice that in Tails' case o_O Sega REALLY went lazy there, or they seriously were running out of VRAM space.

8. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    Was going to post this elsewhere but what the hey.

This is just a random glitch I found in Launch Base Zone act 1 (While playing as Knuckles - It doesn't work with Sonic or Tails because of the zone layout).
    Get to this bit of the stage (It's right at the end before the boss). Drop down the gap and push left. When you land you should fly to the right, and end up in this wall. Push left again and you'll end up here - pushing right sends you flying left and you'll end up near where the starpost is.

According to the zone maps, you end up in this bit of the zone:
    [​IMG]

So yeah, it's a dead end and you'll be stuck there until time runs out. This glitch serves no purpose really, and there are probably hundreds more like this one scattered about but I just thought I'd post it up.

9. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    That's where they store the inside/outside of the buildings.

10. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    In the Chaotix 1207 prototype, rings aren't capped to 255, while they are in the final version (at least inside bonus stages...).

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Any reason for the cap? or did the regular bonus stages never really need more then that many rings? Chaotix is a bit poo so I hardly ever played it and it's been a while.

12. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    The cap is in how many rings you can hold, not the amount of rings in the stage. In fact, if you're good enough in the bonus stages there is practically an infinite amount of rings. And I'm good enough to actually hit the damn cap >_> In fact, I ended up quitting with about 540 rings from the bonus stage when I tested in the proto despite having entered with under 100, if that tells anything.

EDIT: although it's true as well that rings don't drop in the bonus stages :P Then again, there's less bounce when hitting a block and also the Exit blocks are sometimes really annoyingly placed, at some point actually making a wall covering all of the screen.

13. So what is it capped at, instead? 999? Or some other power of 2?

14. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Considering that they had restarted the engine from scratch (explain me why you can stand idle in loops in Sonic Crackers otherwise), I wouldn't be surprised if no cap is in place really.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In issue 205 of the Sonic comic, Archie did a little bit of homework to have insane Robotnik truly be insane. We all know they threw in the "SNOO-PING AS USUAL" line, but they also threw in this little conversation:

Robotnik "IT'S FROM THE SHOW!"
    Sonic "it's from the show?"
    Robotnik: "I'm going to be on TV! I'm going to be a TV Star!"

Whether it's form this specific Youtube poop or not, it's at least from that episode. I thought that was pretty lol

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Willing to bet it probably was =P

17. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
  18. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Does anyone have a good quality rip of the version of "Escape from the City" from "SA 2: The Trial"?

19. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    They also had him sing an ever-so-slightly alterted (from the offical lyrics) version of the second verse of E.G.G.M.A.N.

"I will destroy the blue one you know! He's the obstacle that always gets in my way!"

20. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    What was the altered version, then?

EDIT: Never mind, though a couple of words here and there is hardly enough to mention =P