don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Video Basement
    This is just minuscule.

The font the Game Over text uses in Sonic 3 & Knuckles... Uses a similar font that the MoonWalker title uses for the front cover.
    [​IMG]

Point? I don't know. I just thought I'd point that out, cause I thought it was interesting. Is this something to note? :psyduck: I've had a long night.

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    They don't look the same to me. :psyduck:

3. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Um, they have the same kind of shading, they're both sans-serif, they're both bold, and in fact many characters share the same variations... Yeah, they look sorta similar actually.

Probably just coincidence though. Not exactly the most original font out there :P

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    At 3:17 in <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ux0R3FcHGQ" target="_blank">this video</a>, I couldn't help but notice the first two set of rocks were red while the third was blue.

5. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    <!--quoteo(post=338001:date=Aug 4 2009, 10:57 AM:name=BlackHole)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlackHole @ Aug 4 2009, 10:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338001">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At 3:17 in <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ux0R3FcHGQ" target="_blank">this video</a>, I couldn't help but notice the first two set of rocks were red while the third was blue.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->The hell? o_O (for those who don't get what he says: he's talking about the rocks the badniks release)

Also, remember the bug in Sonic 3 where if Sonic is next to a monitor when finishing a level he goes into his walking position instead of the winning one? Looks like it's in Sonic 2 as well (ignore coloring, Fusion decided to be retard):

[​IMG]

Happens in both revisions 00 and 01.

6. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    <!--quoteo(post=338001:date=Aug 4 2009, 02:57 PM:name=BlackHole)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlackHole @ Aug 4 2009, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338001">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At 3:17 in <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ux0R3FcHGQ" target="_blank">this video</a>, I couldn't help but notice the first two set of rocks were red while the third was blue.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't that because videos on Youtube only show 30fps, where as those rocks flash red and blue on alternate frames?

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    <!--quoteo(post=338032:date=Aug 4 2009, 05:07 PM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Aug 4 2009, 05:07 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338032">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=338001:date=Aug 4 2009, 02:57 PM:name=BlackHole)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BlackHole @ Aug 4 2009, 02:57 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338001">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->At 3:17 in <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ux0R3FcHGQ" target="_blank">this video</a>, I couldn't help but notice the first two set of rocks were red while the third was blue.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Isn't that because videos on Youtube only show 30fps, where as those rocks flash red and blue on alternate frames?
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, your right, I've just checked. My mistake, I haven't played Sonic 3K in a while.

8. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    [​IMG]

Was this earthquake section of Hill Top Zone Act 2 even tested or is it supposed to be this glitchy?

9. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Funny, I always thought half the game was untested.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <!--quoteo(post=338710:date=Aug 8 2009, 11:18 PM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Aug 8 2009, 11:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338710">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

Was this earthquake section of Hill Top Zone Act 2 even tested or is it supposed to be this glitchy?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What happend there, you just stood still and got pushed up? or did you look around, jump or something?

I think long in the past I been pushed out of walls before but not often, if at all, and that was on real hardware not an emulator.

11. MoI

MoI

Rex Member
    Don't know if anyone come across this Sonic 3 and Knuckles (SK Collection if that differs matters) When playing as Tails in Flying Battery Act 2, when getting to the second boss arena in your Super form, the flickies that assist Tails vanish as the platfom is moving up.

Initially, I thought it was a deliberate move because the Flickies would make the boss far easier (than it already is) although Launch Base Zone 2 First Boss hasn't had the same treatment, but testing it by keeping my Super Power up until the Boss appears, the Flickers come down as normal and attack as they should.

12. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    It's because the player (and the structure it's standing on) are actually going upwards in the map. Because flickies have inertia and the camera is going upwards, they seem to be going downwards instead. More of a side-effect than a bug really, as the fix literally implies cheating.

13. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbTd6d3kLI" target="_blank">Secret 1ups in Speed Highway</a>
    I found them with free movement/debug mode.

14. Oh wow, I thought those were relatively well-known. It was kinda cool, actually, when I first got up there.

15. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

& Knuckles Member
    <!--quoteo(post=341856:date=Aug 19 2009, 01:26 AM:name=Diablohead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Diablohead @ Aug 19 2009, 01:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341856">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=338710:date=Aug 8 2009, 11:18 PM:name=D.A. Garden)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (D.A. Garden @ Aug 8 2009, 11:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338710">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->[​IMG]

Was this earthquake section of Hill Top Zone Act 2 even tested or is it supposed to be this glitchy?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What happend there, you just stood still and got pushed up? or did you look around, jump or something?

I think long in the past I been pushed out of walls before but not often, if at all, and that was on real hardware not an emulator.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I tried this on both my Nomad and emulated on Gens. If you're moving when the floor hits the ceiling, sometimes you will die. But if you're standing still, most of the time you get pushed right through it.

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    There's air underneath the floating platforms in Emerald Coast Act 2. You can stand there forever and not drown.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

So that's why you splash when you're underwater!

18. Bozo

Bozo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmG9vwBl9I&feature=channel_page" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQmG9vwBl9I...re=channel_page</a>

Wow, this is a messed up tree.

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <!--quoteo(post=341999:date=Aug 19 2009, 04:19 PM:name=MainMemory)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MainMemory @ Aug 19 2009, 04:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341999">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYbTd6d3kLI" target="_blank">Secret 1ups in Speed Highway</a>
    I found them with free movement/debug mode.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I think I've been up there before on the DC version, spindash can be soooo abused in that game :v:

20. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I never knew about those 1-Ups. 10 years later and I'm still learning new things about about SA1.