don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Who has it? Is it for sale?

2. JustAMotobug

JustAMotobug

Eggman Robot Member
    United States
    ????
    Here is something I haven't seen before, not even on Sonic Retro. It's very interesting and I think you'll find it as such too.

3. JustAMotobug

JustAMotobug

Eggman Robot Member
    United States
    ????
    And for whatever reason, I have found yet another strange discovery in Sonic 2 I don't believe anyone has seen before. Invincible Tails. Yes, that's right, invincible Tails. Tails on his own can't really die, but this here shows Tails gaining the abilities of Super Sonic for whatever reason.

4. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think that's been known since forever.

5. Yoritoshi

Yoritoshi

São Paulo
    Cosmic Boll
    Debug is fun to mess around with but you won't find many people to impress with its glitches here. I personally didn't know Sonic could get crushed between the corkscrew and a object so thanks, but the invincible Tails one is common knowledge. I still have faint memories from when I first discovered that...

6. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I had a magazine from back when the game was still new that showed how to activate this "Super Tails".

7. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    The Sonic Mega Collection + in-game text calls it Super Tails, as does the Japanese Sonic Mega Collection OSG, so it's become an official thing at Sonic Team too.

Shame they couldn't have come up with a different name, as Sonic 3 & K already has a Super Tails.

8. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    It's just the way the player swap monitor works. It also swaps the attributes of the character (speed shoes, shield, etc).

9. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    This trick works in 2P mode too. In 2P mode, you can activate Super Sonic. Then if the Tails player hits a teleporter, they can "steal" the Super powers from Super Sonic. (The Sonic player will need to use a teleporter to steal them back).

It allows for a fun twist on 2P mode, as you can play Super Sonic tag. Sadly this was missing from the mobile version, but that had lots of awesome new 2P features anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    But even that is clearly unintended, since Super Sonic's mappings are not compatible with interlaced mode. You have to sneak into 2P mode via the options menu since selecting either 1P or 2P on the title screen clears out your emerald count.

• List
  11. sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Banned
    Some discoveries I been wanting to share here for a while:

Found this back in 2012, a Sonic cameo on a NEC PC-98 game.

This was brought to my attention by a friend back in 2015, there are other animes too that had Sonic cameos in them if you’re interested in more.

This one I’m sure is known by the community, after all it’s Sonic Mania, but I never heard anybody mention it before.

• List
  12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Well, it's just the Good Opening of the game. :V

13. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    [​IMG]

Gokujou Parodius. And yes that shield is exactly what you think it is - it's an appropriate cameo.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Honestly don't know what I'm looking at here.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I believe it's a condom. =P

16. Yoritoshi

Yoritoshi

São Paulo
    Cosmic Boll
    Never got why the Parodius stickmen had a condom for a shield.
    Speaking of Konami, here's the Oogami Hoppers mascot in the Power Pro-kun Pocket games from 8 on that resembles Sonic a bit.
    oogamimoglarsmascot.jpg

17. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I tried to delegate this at the time but nothing happened:

Sonic the Hedgehog (News of the World comic)

Mirrored from this tumblr.

There is an issue - tumblr resizes things, maxing out at 1280 pixels either horizontally or vertically. Once upon a time you could cheat and get the raw image, but between whenever that was posted and the present day, tumblr have taken steps to stop you from doing that. This means ~the scans have been compromised~. Fortunately in this case, we're talking bits of 25 year old newspapers so the quality was never good.

I should stress, for this reason alone, that you should absolutely never ever attempt to archive things through tumblr. You guys would never do that because hey look, a big Sonic wiki, but spread the word to the less informed.

18. BinBowie

BinBowie

Na Zdrowie! Member
    USA
    I never really thought to post this on here back when I uploaded the video on YouTube back in 2015. But one of the prizes you could win from the McDonalds Monopoly sweepstakes in 1995 was a Sega Game Gear system bundled with a copy of Sonic Triple Trouble. The more you know.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    TIME TO PUT IT ON THE WIKI! :eng101:

20. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Wiki link fixed.

Ouch. Did you try asking the uploader if they still had the original scans?