don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Gryson

Gryson

Yes, it was made together with TMS. From the 10/94 Beep!:

"Here is the first look at the experimental anime made by AM3's CG team. The characters are made with animation cels (Tokyo Movie Shinsha)?but 'CG allows for moving around the viewpoint in a way that can't be done with with cel animation' (Koguchi). This work shows us the possibilities of CG anime."

2. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    There has been one thing what has haunted me since I was a kid. I have always noticed that when You play as Knuckles on Sonic 3 & Knuckles and go into the Slot Machine. When you hit the goal, Knuckles sprite becomes Sonic and I have never understood why. I was unable to find info about this glitch. I went to youtube to find someone to play the Knuckles playthrough to show you this

[​IMG]
    Knuckles sprite
    [​IMG]
    Sonic sprite. You can clearly see it has become sonic. There is ear visible and the eye is different shaped.

Video footage to see it in action:

https://youtu.be/UYyG9zrRRTA?t=50m19s

You can use this site to go frame by frame
    http://www.watchframebyframe.com/watch/yt/UYyG9zrRRTA

EDIT: I took a screenshot from the frame by frame one and I noticed Sonic there is red! Before was knuckles and as soon as it started to go darker, BAM, red Sonic.

[​IMG]

I hope this is a right place to write. If it HAS talked about before, I apologise in front. I tried to google "knuckles sprite becomes Sonic" "knuckles slot machine glitch" etc but with no results.

3. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    Isn't the slot machine just copy pasted from Sonic 1 for the most part? Probably just another result of that.

4. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Yes, from what I've heard, that's the result of copypasting Sonic 1 code. Somewhere in it, the code clears a certain SST value, which would have made sense in S1, but in S3K this SST controls which character the player is, causing Knuckles to become Sonic.

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Also, once a Youtube video is paused, you can frame advance (both forward and backwards) by pressing dot and comma respectively, so no need for weird third sites.

6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Arcade Wars:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Seems to be an unlicensed arcade machine that can allegedly run games from various Sega and Nintendo systems, including many Sonic games. Worth adding to the Sega Retro wiki?

More photos:
    https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-728430504-maquina-arcade-fichines-bartop-_JM

7. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Looks like a home-grown MAME cabinet to me, or a few emulators on a Raspberry Pi or whatever - nothing particularly remarkable.

8. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Apparently they did refer to Sonic 3 and S&K internally as "3A" and "3B". I mean, sure, we figured this was the case from the dump of 3C, but it's good to see it in writing. Is this the first time we've seen it confirmed publicly?

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Gentlemen, until full scans of that issue come along we need that interview mirrored on the wiki and referenced on the Sonic 3 development page.

Don't let it get lost to time.

10. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

11. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
  12. Saad

Saad

Morocco
    Being a nerd
    the Arabic dubs of the Sonic Cartoons are really interesting especially The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, it changed a lot of stuff, some of the big ones are the title and the names of the characters:

the title of the series became قنفذ السريع سونيك which means The Fast Hedgehog: Sonic.

Tails became سنجوب which is a play on the Arabic word for a squirrel, they changed the name to ثعلوب (like the last one, it's a play on the Arabic word for fox) when they realized he's a fox.

Dr. Eggman became الدكتور عيلم which is just a normal Arabic name, so the translation to English will be just Dr. Alim.

Scratch became دجدوج which is a play on the Arabic word for chicken.

Grounder became دبداب which comes from the Arabic word دبدبة and it means the sound of a drill on solid ground

Coconuts became سعدون which is a normal Arabic name, so in English it will be written like this Saadoun

There were other changes but I can't mention everything and the other cartoons were mostly the same

13. Pengi

Pengi

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  15. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    So it can't be dumped and preserved for the people who care, but it can be paraded at gaming expos.

16. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member
    Thank you. I thought I was the only one bothered by that.

17. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I'm too lazy to sit through an hour long podcast (maybe I'll watch it eventually), but these two guys interviewed TJ Davis about her life and Sonic R.

18. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Some people would rather go "Look what I have and you'll never have, nyah nyah!" than share.

Then again, they may agree to let it get dumped if someone asks nicely during the expo.

19. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing, I guess ¯\_(?)_/¯ at least we'll get some footage. I'm sure a dump will arrive eventually.
    Thanks for taking the time to do that, I love translation trivia and the little differences between languages.
    Fun fact, the French translation of AOSTH was all kind of fucky. Tails was either referenced as a Fox or as a Squirrel, which led me to wonder if they had different teams translating different episodes.

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    FYI: It's already dumped, guys.

People were ready to blacklist the dumper if he released it though.