don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I never had less than 10 rings in Doomsday zone, so I didn't know about this. Thanks Shobiz!

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Oh man, I used to get hit with that all the time. It's like the developers are laughing at you for sucking. :rolleyes:

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah. Fun is beating the first part of the zone, deliberately letting your ring count run down to 10 so the music goes faster, then trying to finish the boss off before you die (though you are allowed to collect more rings). =P

EDIT: I speel rite gud

4. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The title to the song played during Sky Deck part 1 in SA is called Sky Deck a Go! Go!
    Apparently this is a reference to the ecchi "Golden Boy" OVA's ending theme Study a Go! Go! by Golden Girls.

5. Otama Sanshiro

Otama Sanshiro

~Phantom of Blue~ Member
    I have a dilemma. What font was the logo from Sonic 06? Not "Sonic", which is in the normal Sonic font, but the font from "the hedgehog" is what I would like to know.

6. In Sonic 3 & Knuckles, when you're running it with a Japanese country setting, the TM next to the Sonic 3 ribbon doesn't appear. However, when you're running just Sonic 3 alone, the TM appears regardless of region setting. Any idea why this happens? Was Sonic 3 & Knuckles not a registered trademark in Japan or something?

EDIT: Noticed something else. In the very first frame of the title screen (right after the SEGA screen, when the background turns black), if you're running on a US system, a TM appears next to the SEGA text. On a Japanese system, it doesn't. What the hell?

7. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    The Sonic 2 soundtest #10 song sounds similar to the Sonic 1 special stage music, only sad.

8. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    It might be well-known that in the Sonic 3 and/or Knuckles sound test, entry E1 fades out the song.

Well, when I was 15 I found something out. If you tap the C button faster on E1, the song fades out slower. This isn't all, try continually tapping on C even after the song has seemingly finished... some of the sound channels return, this time very loud. This works very well with Sky Sanctuary's tune.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Whoa, I didn't even notice that, but you're right! Do you think that may have been an intentional nod to the Chaos Emeralds, considering the theme of the zone?

That's actually you bugging out the game. =P

See, sound E1 isn't a normal sound effect—it actually leads to a second of code that fades out the sound channels. What you're doing is having it execute many times over and over again, and multiplying its effect to large extents. This can also happen in Megamix if you play certain sounds really fast, like trying to play a 1up tune while an existing one is playing.

10. Flygon

Flygon

Now that I playback the songs, it is! Just a lot slower and different instruments.

This adds up a lot of ideas in my head but I don't think it would be a smart idea for me to drown you all with them :P

11. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
    Well, I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this or if I'm just hearing things, but I notice that the song "Sweet Sweet Sweet" by Dreams Come True carries the same tune as the ending music from Sonic 2.

Click here for the song.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yes, that's the whole point. It's even stated in the credits. :P

That said, that's probably... the oldest and most well-known thing about Sonic 2 in the community. =P

You can find more DCT music that sounds like songs in the first two Sonic games on the DREAMS COME TRUE page.

13. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Has the glitch where you can free yourself of Super Tails's birds in the FBZ boss been mentioned yet? If not, it's triggered by running between the screen sides back and forth until the boss shows.

Also, in Sonic adventure 2...and only Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow's forehead stripe is significantly shorter when he's Super. This is gone by Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, but I always found it to be an interesting character design choice. That...and the metallic chest hair, also only present in SA2.

14. Silver's Dream of absolution song contains a part of GHZ.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I've seen people say that all over, but I've never heard the resemblance at all. Is there some sort of comparison sound clip, or did one person just say it once and everyone was like "Oh yeah, maybe it does!"?

A lot of fans I've seen tend to draw the wildest, nonsensical comparisons. You'd do well to present the evidence when posting about your "discoveries." :)

16. MoI

MoI

Rex Member
    While Blue Knuckles in Angel Island (S3K) Knuckles will die when he reaches a certain point at the mini-boss entrance:

[​IMG]

I'm going to take a guess and say it doesn't know what boss sequence to load up, but I'm not a techguy so its probably not accurate.

I've found a few things using Adrian Kwong's Sonic 3K edit as well.

You can implant Knuckles into Sonic 3 alone, and like debug the level structures is there, Death Egg is removed when needed. There isn't a boss in MGZ neither a mini-boss in LBZ.

Also, while giving myself all Emeralds without enabling Super Power on S3K, I found when I went to a Super Ring I was transported to this:

[​IMG]

Lost S3 Special Stange Stage.

17. Silver Dreams

Silver Dreams

lol, Forum Drama Member
    Sorry, didn't realize. See, I haven't actually had the pleasure of playing the game. I mostly just watched the cutscenes on youtube to get the story and all to keep up with everyone else. Sorry for making a dumb post.

18. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  19. takemdown

takemdown

I can guess what you all are thinking. "turd POSTS AN OBVIOUS GLITCH GTFO", but no.
    I was bored, so I popped in Sonic Mega Collection (GC) for some Sonic 3 action. I was having fun running around like a moron as Hyper Sonic in Marble Garden Act 2, and I got to the boss. I beat him to death before we went to the sky with good ol' Tails. The game then gave me some garbled graphics, then killed me. Please explain for a good friend?

20. Anyone have any idea what this is supposed to be?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's object ID $12 in the first object pointer list in Sonic 3k. It's not placed in any level, but the graphics fit perfectly in both acts of LBZ. All it does is moves down to a target position (or up, depending on a flag) when it senses a flag has been set, and then moves up to its original position (or down, depending on the same flag) when it senses the flag has been cleared. The use of the flag leads me to think this was supposed to be triggered by a button or some other external event.

If anyone wants to play around with it, use the PAR code 1EFC52:1200, which replaces the first monitor in LBZ with this. To make it move down, use the (Kega specific) PAR code FFF7E0:00FF, and once it's moved fully down use the (again Kega specific) PAR code FFF7E0:0000 to make it move up again. While moving down, it'll get overlapped by level tiles, so I recommend also using 025B00:C3C3 to give the object high priority and make it visible over the level tiles. Alternatively, if you want one which starts off downwards and moves up, along with the first PAR code use 1EFC50:25F0. This is the exact opposite - it starts off down and moves up when the flag is set. The code for this is at $25AF6, it's marked as Obj_12_1 in Stealth's disasm.