don't click here

The Successor to Chikao Ohtsuka for Eggman

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mendinso, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    A little over a year ago, we lost yet another Eggman VA and a Sonic voice actor in general, Chikao Ohtsuka. Ohtsuka has been with the series since 1998, where he took over for Eggman for all Japanese Sonic media, including games, commercials, and animation. Chikao Ohtsuka had also been active as a voice actor since the 1950s and had a very long history with voicing a number of characters, including Captain Hook (Disney and Nippon Animation's adaptation of Peter Pan), Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts, Nezumi Otoko in Gegege no Kitaro (as well as Hakaba Kitaro), and among a number of other roles. Sadly, last year, he passed away due to heart failure, and thus, a number of his roles have since been taken over by other voice actors.

The question is, who would be a good voice actor to replace his Eggman? I actually asked this question a number years back, but I never thought we'd seriously had to discuss this topic.

I've been thinking about this, but I've been wondering how his son, Akio Ohtsuka, would handle the role as Eggman. He's succeeded the role for at least one or two other anime projects his father had been voicing over, so I would be rather curious as to how his son would handle Eggman. I'll admit, he doesn't exactly have the same exact range that his father did, but at the same time, it'd be a breath of fresh air to hear a new take on Eggman. Not only that, but by his son.

Though, I'll admit, Chikao Ohtsuka has always been Eggman to me, ever since I heard him back in 2001, I wanna say. Still though, it's something we'll have to get used, sadly. I just hope whoever replaces him can do a good job.

So anyone have any other suggestions as to who could take over as Eggman?

2. We already know who's replacing Ohtsuka, he's in Mario & Sonic 2016 Rio Olympics. It's Motomu Kiyokawa.

3. Mendinso

Mendinso

I'm Who I Am. Oldbie
    Oh shit, really? Didn't know this! I guess we can close this topic!

Sorry 'bout this!

EDIT: Before it's closed, do we have any clips of it? Love to hear how he sounds.

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Seconding this. As much as I'd love to hear Eggman shout in his most Old Snake-like voice followed by a dramatic punch-up with Sonic on board the Egg-Gear. (take note, Sonic Team), I'm definitely curious about the new voice, and my Youtube searching can only look so discreet at work. ;)

5. They only have tiny voice clips in the 3DS version of 2016 Rio Olympics, but here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgWbMyYeyw