don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog Continuity Thread of Love and Timelines

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by dredd, Jul 6, 2020.

1. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I'm thinking of something here. The Sonic Rangers leaks claim there will be some ghost girl helping Sonic throughout the game. It is a human ghost girl, right?

What if Sonic Rangers is the reason Ian told not to worry about the two-worlds anymore? He may know something about the plot, and this will be the first time since Colors (or should I say, since the two-worlds concept) that a human not-Eggman shows up in a game.

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]
    Yup.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I only had the chance to post the news briefly before work, but I am beyond relieved that it seems to have been abolished. I'd probably echo the sentiments of others in the thread if I said much more though lol.

I am curious if Ian had any role at all in it coming about and if that indicative of how much pull he has at Sega now. I don't want to jump to the conclusion that he's involved in the plot of the games now (as much as I wish Sega would realize what a boon that could be), but there's no way this change would have happened without his involvement beyond bringing the issue to the forefront of the fanbase's minds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Between the two-worlds theory finally being put to rest and Flynn teasing that he knows the canon origin of the Chaos Emeralds, I'm pretty excited for whatever they've got planned! Whether it be for Sonic 2022 (aka Rangers lol) or the Encyclo-speed-ia

Also, did we ever get any official confirmation that Ian Flynn will be working on the Encyclo-speed-ia or was that just a rumour?

5. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    • List
  6. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

And that tweet is what makes me think there won't be any sort of timeline in this Encyclospeedia.

7. Swiftbix

Swiftbix

Deep Delver Member
    Thanks, you saved me the work of looking for it myself. This is yet more proof of how strange that two worlds thing was.

8. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Indeed, I've been saying it for a while. Honestly, just one world will suffice. And one timeline, none of that Sonic Generations split stuff either.

9. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

@BlackHole would you be able to find the japanese dialogue between Eggman and Sonic in Adventure 1, where Eggman presents himself as Dr. Ivo Robotnik and Sonic is teasing him with egg names?

10. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    It’s not in there. That was added in the dub to address the name change. You can search for the Japanese cutscenes on YouTube and I’m pretty sure there’s subbed versions.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Windii has the cutscenes on Youtube, translated:

4:19 in

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Thank you both!

13. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    And then there are also human images in Sandopolis Zone in Sonic and Knuckles. And in Sonic Adventure 2 there are echidna images in Dr. Eggman's pyramid base.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Swiftbix

Swiftbix

Deep Delver Member
    Amazing... with each thing that you guys find... no doubt about it, one world is the way it was intended.

15. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Also Humans in the Sonic Adventure 2 desert ruin alongside the Echidna ruins, same as Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    When I said Two Worlds makes zero sense for the background lore...

16. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Technically... if the two worlds work in this dynamic of merging and separating, these representations of humans in ancient constructions is explainable. The two worlds were merged thousands of years ago, and because these constructions are ancient, they illustrate humans because there were humans back then. Then the planets separate, there are no humans anymore, but the illustrations of them in the buildings remain.

Of course the idea is stupid, but...

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Honestly, the simplest option should be "it's one world, Sonic Forces just takes place on the islands where animals inhabit over the Human dominated regions."

Though it gives you an interesting insight in that Humans and Echidna seemed to have a fairly cordial relationship before Chaos wiped them out.

18. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    That was how they handled it in Sonic X, right? I haven’t seen it since the release but I seem to remember them mentioning something like that.

19. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    So does Sonic's world have it's own version of Dark Gaia and Light Gaia?

20. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

As far as I remember, in Sonic X only the characters traveled between the two worlds, not the landmasses themselves. I might be wrong though.