don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    It makes better sense considering that Sega pulled it off in Sonic 3D Blast.

2. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    In this version, there's little possibility of not taking the top path if you want to. It takes away all the D-pad finagling and precise jumping used to get there, instead it's just a matter of A A A A A A.

I've also previously talked about how the style of motion you get from the homing attack is pretty out of place, but whatever.

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

This is what I've been saying all along. Less involvement from the player. Bad gameplay.

4. Tobibrocki

Tobibrocki

Less involvement from the player ... I guess thats how todays games are, I'm afraid, you cannot really die in games anymore, it all got very easy and, excuse the word, lazy!
    Thats how it is, people cannot be bothered with precision platforming/shooting/aiming or that stuff, all they want is get through the game as painless and fast as possible, in order to move on to the next game!

Now, this is only my point of view, I had a discussion recently with a couple friends about this, its quite interesting how the gaming scene has changed overall.

5. BuffaloWilder

BuffaloWilder

One of these men cannot be right. Member
    I'm sorry, but I don't really see that big of a decrease in either difficulty or player involvement by going from bopping four bots in a row manually or doing it by way of a homing chain. I mean, is it really that big of a difference, to you?

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You really don't see a difference between "mashing a button" and "holding the button for a certain time and altering directions depending on the speed and momentum? Jesus christ.

7. Deef

Deef

Not to mention simply bouncing gives you full freedom of entry and exit; anything can happen.

Once you start a homing chain, the only option the player has is basically to not do it. There's no play.

8. Insta-shield would have been better. Or at least a fire-shield-style jump dash instead of a homing attack.

The homing attack chains aren't fun in the 3D games, so why bother bringing them to 2D? Whenever I see a bunch of flying GUN Beetles in SA2, I spin dash and jump past them to save time and effort.

9. BuffaloWilder

BuffaloWilder

One of these men cannot be right. Member
    I think you're kind of overestimating the maneuverability of the bouncing jump.

10. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I think you don't know what you're talking about. Here are the variables involved in the bouncing jump:
    1. hold A button for increased jump? y/n
    2. how many frames to hold L/R for to hit next target, they shouldn't be at regular intervals
    3. Guess what? Gravity bitch!

vs 1 variable:
    1. Hit the A button. HIT IT AGAIN!

Homing attack is a cheap cop out and iizuka is forcing it to be in the game because he wants to feel good about a concept he came up with 10 years ago that was a solution for a totally different application.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Times like this really make me glad I don't care either way about the Homing Attack. :psyduck:

12. Deef

Deef

(Credit goes to Solaris for this.)

13. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Hahaha, excellent!

14. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    But you guys, the homing attack can easily take all those enemies out with a touch of a button!

Who needs all this 'interactivity' bullshit? Let the game do the work for you and be happy. :specialed:

15. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    HOW MANY TIMES ARE WE GOING TO REHASH THE HOMING ATTACK ARGUMENT

WE ALREADY FUCKING KNOW

BRING SOMETHING NEW OR SHUT UP

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Hmm.

If Episode 2 has rehash levels too, what levels do you guys think they'll rehash? :v:

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    If they rehash anything else, I want to see Hydrocity and Flying Battery.

18. dsrb

dsrb

Hopefully it won't. But I suppose the best levels to remake in HD SHINY-SHINY would be those of S3&K + - and perhaps CD, considering the teaser ending   . Then again, most of the classic levels could be interesting enough if given good layouts and an impressive enough visual overhaul.

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Sega should look back at bridge zone, under rated.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Agreed with Hydrocity, not as much Flying Battery.

I would love to see Marble Garden Zone rehash + - it's the only level bubbles belongs lol   . I'd also like to see Stardust speedway revamped for the inevitable Sonic vs. Metal Sonic battle in Episode 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.