don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    That's why Yoshihisa Hashimoto shows up in Adventure's credits, I suppose, because he wasn't around.

By "Sonic Team" I mean "Sonic Team." Not "that one guy and that other guy and that other other guy," just "Sonic Team." I'm saying there was more first-party involvement than there was in subsequent titles.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Looks like you can't trust Mobygames anymore. =P

3. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    Hashimoto was the Chao Garden main programmer wasn't he? I might be wrong. *checks wiki*

4. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Okay so here's something I'm wondering, were people at E3 given a set of questions they're supposed to ask? Because the angry Joe interview and G4 interview are basically the same >_>

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

My theory is that Sonic just isn't popular enough with the big dogs in the press for them to ask anything but boring and generic questions.

6. Volpino

Volpino

Things are looking up! Member
    A secret. >:3
    Or they didn't get the answers from the other news articles.

Really there's nothing else to talk about but they should stop asking that stupid question about "Why is it episodic?" It shouldn't be too difficult to but 2 and 2 together and figure out the game is episodic to (for once) incorperate fan feedback since that's all the fanbase bitches about them not doing 99.9% of the time. The Sonic fandom's bad reputation for being the most displeasing bunch in the gaming world isn't exactly a secret, especially since some of us will go on news sites (some of them are the very ones repeating this question) and openly express how "SEGA doesn't get it" every time they fuck up. I remember Unleashed was like that on IGN a couple years ago...

Unless they just don't pay any attention, which is a perfectly reasonable assumption at this point.

7. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    We all know this game is gonna play like a retarded cousin of Sonic Rush. Why is there any more debate? At this point, I just hope the music has been fixed.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They confirmed the music isn't changing.

9. Really?
    I thought the people from SSMB who played it at E3, said it was more like Sonic Advance than it was like Rush.

Anyway, the music probably won't change in its entirity, but it may be simmilar to WIP's in Sonic 2, where they change elements such as instrumentation etc.

We'll have to wait and see.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

We all know this game is built from Rush, regardless of what the stage design is like. Watching someone who is familiar with S4 will give you an insight as to how exactly the current physics prevent the game from truly being what it is claimed to be.

11. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I don't know about anyone else but I am feeling increasingly negative about this as time goes on.

Needlemouse anouncement = interest and curiosity.
    Game is actually Sonic 4 = RAGE and dissapointment
    Leaked footage = indifference
    Leaked music = negativity
    Shitstorm = negativity
    E3 = negativity

As a fan of classic Sonic games, I feel almost alienated by what has been shown. It's the fact that Sega's idea of S4 is a modified Rush engine, half arsed HD graphics, and bad music. Some of the attemps at PR just make it worse, being told that this game IS classic Sonic when it's obviously full of unneeded gimmicks from the modern games. If there really was a true S4 this would not have been it. If they want to do a classic styled 2D game, then do it properly not half and half. Another example of Iizuka's poor direction.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    What. You really think they're making it episodic because they want to please the fans?

I wanted to stop reading there, but...
    It was there where the bullshit alarm went crazy.

13. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I've got some bad news for you.

EDIT: fuck ninja'd

14. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    SEGA are only caring about input for level design and physics, two core elements of the game. Other than that, everything else is fine to them and shit to the rest of us aside from Sonic's animations, supposedly they did work on them but they still look retarded.

They're doing this because they want more input for Episode II, even though it'll probably be the same rehashed content with the same horrible music by Jun Senoue, the same out-of-continuity Dimps programming, etc.

Remember this infamous line:
    It's not what most people imagined that it would be, but SEGA want to make later episodes look like it is, except they've fucked themselves by making the game a DLC-only, episodic release of "Hey I've played this stuff years ago".

15. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    This is just SEGA's own fan game. This isn't the real Sonic 4 to me, and it never will be.
    Ruby's comment on "we can't make it too much like the old days" made me just as angry.

16. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member

Well technically this isn't a fangame, but it's not the original programmers. They are "Fans" of the original games =P

17. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    I am feeling like SEGA is doing a good job so far.

Just my two cents :) .

18. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    They're actually listening to feedback this time, you can't deny that. Stop overreacting about this games 'flaws,' we all know it isn't as bad as 06 or the Werehog. Episode 2 will not be a complete 'rehash' like Episode 1. The purpose of Episode 1 is to get people reacquainted with classic Sonic. Call me a sucker if you will, but I believe Sega this time. I feel so sorry for the people who are going to have to play the trilogy for the rest of their lives, while others can have FUN with new Sonic games.

19. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    1. It doesn't have to have perfect physics or even reasonably good ones to have been built around the concept, and
    2. It doesn't, it kills your momentum whenever you use it. Unless you're referring to the Air Dash?

20. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Then your not a true sonic fan. :specialed:

True sonic fans are supposed to bawwww at everything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.