don't click here

The Sonic Center Charity Marathon

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Thorn, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    The topic title sums it up pretty well, but I may as well spell things out more.

TSC is going to be running games for eight to nine hours per day for six days (August 21 to 26) to raise money for Child's Play. We'll be using Skype to provide running commentary, and will be hitting as many Sonic and Sonic Team games as we can within that time. As speedrunners, we'll largely be blowing through games as fast as possible, but we'll have more laid-back streams and audience participation as well.

Here is our stream page. It's still under construction; wear your hard hat and watch out for falling debris while visiting.

While I'm posting the plug the marathon, I'm also posting a request for a bit of help. I'm more than capable of streaming different fan games and hacks, but I'd prefer to get somebody else's views on the matter (not to mention that GerbilSoft won't want to be cooped up in a room with me any longer by the time this stream starts). If anybody here would be interested in streaming some fan works for charity at 8:30 PM EDT on Saturday, August 25, post and let me know. You're welcome to have another Retro member along for commentary or the like as well, and since you'll be the last event of the night, you can stream for as long as you like. I just need to confirm that you can stream to Twitch with Skype running and everybody audible, including yourself.

Oh, and if you know anybody that can stream Billy Hatcher or Burning Rangers (all by Sonic Team) and can commentate without sounding completely obnoxious, get them interested as well. I have no Billy Hatcher streamers and I only know of one streamer that has Burning Rangers, but he doesn't think he can do it for the marathon. We'll survive without having these games, but every stream helps.

Any help is appreciated, guys. In any case I hope to see you guys watching the stream just under two weeks from now.~

2. In the form of Fan games I love to see Sonic Before the Sequel 2012 that been released for SAGE played on this Marathon... love to see some other games played from Sega even maybe some Phantasy Star and NiGHTS as well. To go along with other Sonic games.

3. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    ^ We already have somebody playing three NiGHTS games on the stream. The choice of fan works will be up to whoever streams them. I haven't spoken to anybody with any Phantasy Star games, and other Sonic Team works that we're missing are addressed in my first post.

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    If someone does a 100% completion run of Sonic '06, I shall offer my moneys =P.

5. Thorn

Thorn

Tech Member
    Home
    Sonic 2 Retro Remix
    I want to thank everybody that's supported us so far, as we've accrued a few donations before the stream even started. It's looking more and more like Gerbil and I will be streaming fan works ourselves on Saturday night, but if anybody from here cares to help, we'd appreciate it.

We'll be live in 10 minutes, hope to see people there!