don't click here

The most annoying music

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Selbi, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Lately I saw some "annoying" topics here. So why not make my own one? :V

Anyway, I want to know the music in Sonic games that annoyed you most. For me it's defintly Sonic 3's Carnival Night. I can't really describe why, but one reason is that the song is so damn short and gots repeated again and again. Your brain is bleeding after playing one act, since (for me at least) it takes 'bout 6 minutes to beat an act. Another reason could be the voices. Those "bam-boom-bang"-drums (I call them like this) are just annoying.

And what is yours?

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Super Sonic, Sonic 3.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Seven Rings in Hand. I love it, but damn you heard it in the menus, cutscenes, at the end of levels and everywhere. Dunno what they were thinking.

The Super music from Sonic 2, 3 & K is also annoying. When you have all the Emeralds so early on, the tune quickly becomes boring. Especially in 3/K, because it's just the invincibility music and last all of what must be 7 seconds.

4. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Does the music from pirated NES and Game Boy games count?

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Blue Marine Zone's BGM (GSonic) is not very long or complicated and gets very dull very fast; the level does not help matters.

A lot of the music from Tails Adventure is similar. Why is dungeon music almost always a little painful to listen to? The mind boggles.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Anything that Chronicles threw at us. All we got was mutilations of classic tracks, very low quality battle music and over-used ambient sounds. It was all annoying to listen to, mostly because it's hard not to love the original versions.

7. Jdogg

Jdogg

My god this name sucks. Member
    Beyond the door
    Sonic - Code Gray
    The countdown to drown music. :v:

I just hated the fact that it had to cut out the level music then restart it once you got out of the water/got a air bubble.

8. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    Just about any song with vocals outside of "sonic boom". The most annoying song would probably be either "Super Sonic Racing" or the BGM for any of the Knuckles levels in sonic adventure 2.

9. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    You are a liar.

Also, the most annoying music is Green Hill Zone.

10. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    I am? Huh... Did not know that about myself...

11. ColaPop

ColaPop

Dallas
    Still Learning
    I could go super sonic

Is this some sort of fan song? I don't know where I heard it first but it's horrible.

12. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

Classic super music (any of them) and Chronicles. Somewhat special stage from Sonic 1 and 3&K.

13. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Hill Top Zone. And this:

14. This thread is over. S&K's was just almost as bad, but not as high-pitched and repetitive.

I actually feel this way about every S3-exclusive jingle except Sub-boss and Knuckles' Theme.

15. Malgra

Malgra

Studium Member
    Pretty much any of the Super Sonic music in early games. Sonic 3's was probably the worst of a bad bunch.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I throw out the Special Stage music from Sonic 1. Very annoying. Also not a fan of sound $10 from Sonic 2.

17. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    Sonic Advance 3's Green Hill assassination

Also Sonic 2's Death Egg

18. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Actually there is not a lot of music from that game I really like.

19. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    Hey, I liked most of the Super music! (Except Sonic 3. *shudder*)

And I am TOTALLY digging out my Game.com and using a microphone to record some of the music from Sonic Jam. It is GOD-AWFUL.

Doo-doo-doo-dadada-da-da...

boom-boom-boom

Doodoodoodoodoot-doot-doot-doot...

boom-boom-boom-boom

Oh God...

EDIT: Oh yeah, here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbD2SP37s3o Go to about 0:40 and wait for him to start Sonic 2.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Hill Top Zone.

At first, I thought "Ohay, this might be kinda nice."

Then it goes on, and on, and...ugh. Same deal with Seven Rings in Hand. Not the worst song in Sonic's musical history, but it's just used so many times in that game, that....gragh. It's not like there are many bad songs, it's just that some mediocre/short songs are used to death.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.