don't click here

The Knuckles Topic!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sonic Warrior TJ, Apr 2, 2009.

Well...would you?

1. Yes, on or near release day!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, after the price drops.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe. I'd think about it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, Knuckles just isn't that great.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Ah, Knuckles.

Thrown into the Sonic universe in 1994, Knuckles has had several appearances in Sonic's many games over the years. Originally able to glide and climb walls, Knuckles has generally kept this moveset throughout gaming history.

Said moveset however gets attached to different gameplay mechanics in each game, some we like, others we don't.

So in similar fashion to the Tails thread, would you buy a game starring Knuckles the Echidna?

I personally would. I wouldn't want it to be too heavily focused on treasure hunting, but it can be there. Knuckles needs to fully adapt to the current Sonic universe first. He hasn't really been around much, and emphasis on the Master Emeralds hasn't really occured since SA2. I'd like to take Knuckles from SA2 and throw him into some more Sonicky stages, rather than run around looking for Emerald pieces.

Wouldn't want an entire game based on that. No sir.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I voted that SA1 had the best Knuckles gameplay. It's not that I like hunting for treasure, however (I'm just refering to SA1, not SA2) Knuckles controlled smoothly, he was quick, and whenever I play as Knuckles in Sonic's levels with cheat codes I love it. Sonic 3 has wonderful Knuckles gameplay too of course.

If I saw a Knuckles game I would want to to play more like the classic Sonic games, with platforming and the like, but some Werehog esq combat wouldn't be too bad. Knuckles is great because if used properly he can fit almost any role of the cast (This is why I want to see Knuckles as DLC for Unleashed. He could play both Sonic and WereSonic's levels. It'd be genius!)

Only thing is if Knuckles fights hoardes of enemies I don't want to here some stupid song come on each time he's about to fight.

EDIT: I'm glad that Knuckles didn't show his face in Unleashed (I want to play as him but I don't want him in the plot). Unless Knuckles has his own story, or it has something to do with him, all he turns into is just a red Tails that can punch. This is why I hated him in Sonic 06.

3. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Even though Knuckles is cool and all. It still would be a pretty weak game to play since he's been pushed aside for the past few years. =P I mean c'mon, KC was a bit of a weak game too.

4. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    I'll be mean and remind everybody that Chaotix is actually starring Knuckles =P

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That's why he needs a game to resurrect his image. They wasted the opportunity they could have had with a Sonic and Knuckles 2 (Replace the werehog in Unleashed with Knuckles. The end), so they might as well try to make a good game as Knuckles.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I know, but that was like 13 or 14 years ago. If one came out like, next week, would you buy it?

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Two things need to happen for a good Knuckles game because I loved his stages in SA2 (largely because they were open-ended versions of Sonic's stages, and only picked the more open ones -- Tails and Knuckles get all the really good stuff in the game, suffice it to say):

1. The games need to be WIDE OPEN with fairly few pits, to encourage exploration
    2. Knuckles apparently needs to grow stretchy arms because the night stages in Unleashed were really good.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    1. What if there were several pits, but most of them weren't bottomless, and there were underground pathways in several stages?
    2. Either that or he could just guickly glide to whatever it's locked onto.

I'm sure Knuckles has plenty of untapped potential. You should be able to dig your own paths, and maybe you could find secret rooms this way, or enter caverns with some platforming bits within...

9. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Needs movie hat

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    lol Unlockable hats for Knuckles.

And bling.

Also, Crush 40 theme song, where Johnny raps the bridge.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    EVEN BETTER

12. I really liked the SA2 stages since they were dedicated treasure hunting stages, instead of certain areas of linear stages adapted for the purpose. I think a game balanced between hunting and normal punch-tastic platforming would be a good one.

When everyone else was complaining about SA2's hunting stages, I found them fascinating, since they brought a sense of exploration not present in the other stages.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Even so I'm not a big fan of Death Chamber D:

14. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I actually preferred it the other way around, because you get to see the same levels from a different angle, and it also means there are more Sonic levels.

15. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    The only problem I have with Knuckles is, he has been written to be too gullible since day 1. Robotnik could say something to him, with the words 'I'm lying' written on his head, and Knuckles probably would still believe him. :psyduck:

Now, a game with Knuckles by himself? It would be interesting, especially since he has so much history, notably around the Master Emerald. Could probably write some neat game storylines around it.

16. c1owd

c1owd

Previously 'CarrascoZX0' Member
    Knuckles is the best character in the whole series... Thats all I have to say...

17. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    Knuckles needs to search for the truth about his mysterious past!~~

18. Enigmus

Enigmus

Now with 20% more I don't care!
    Morris, IL
    Zip. Nada. Nothing.
    Right now, he's someone SEGA needs to focus on more, because he hasn't been a major person for a while now.

19. Beebles

Beebles

Now with OFFICIAL terrible Knuckles artwork. Member
    Check my blog for details.
    Now that I think on it, there's about two directions a Knux only game could go---

-As was just said, an expanding upon SA1, Knux explores his past, looking for answers as to why he must guard the Master Emerald and Angel Island, and his deep interconnections therein.

-Due to his "gullible nature", Knux gets dragged about on one lie after another culminating in his actions nearly destroying the world and thusly forcing him to save it yayfun.

I'm not saying it can't be a good game, I'm just saying that it will most likely be a cliched game.

20. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Sounds interesting enough to rope me in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.