don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Tylinos

Tylinos

Not at all. That's still really stupid. But he doesn't have any reason to believe some random guy who isn't giving him proof is the original artist, either.

Ken believes it's public domain because the website where he found it had an ass-covering disclaimer that amounted to "We're telling people to only upload public domain things, so if someone uploads something that isn't public domain, that's their fault, not ours!" (One of the stupidest parts about it was he even used that disclaimer as his response when someone pointed out that the copyright section of the site said that they only were granting permission to use the pictures as desktop wallpaper and nothing else.) So as long as Ken doesn't have proof that it's not public domain, he's probably not going to do damn thing about it.

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I agree that ken's in the right about needing proof of an image actually belonging to another artist, but hes again handling this really poorly.

Then again, idk how law works in the area this guy claims he's from, but if the studio shut down, where do the rights to those images go? They have to go somewhere. If the image belongs to him now then that's one thing.

Still, Ken could easily just pick another generic space public domain wallpaper... there's literally thousands of them out there. A professional would have just went "oh okay" and swap out the image with something else.

Actually scratch that, a professional comic artist would make his OWN DAMN BACKGROUND. But that's obviously beyond his skill level so...

3. Tylinos

Tylinos

The thread's been quiet for a while, since Ken hasn't been saying much about TLSC, but something he posted on Twitter today caught my attention:

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/555438582274342913

[quotename='Ken Penders']I never got the infatuation people have for Royalty. It's one concept I'm never comfortable with in stories or real world application.[/quote]
    Except...aren't the Guardians basically a royal line themselves? They aren't elected. The title's passed down by blood. They're pretty much the figurehead of the Angel Island government. They're royalty in all but name. Seriously, what the hell, Ken?

Also, on a different note, I've been seeing people claim recently that Ken revealed the name of TLSC's villain as "Overide" in a post on his forum from 2013.

[quotename='Ken Penders']Likewise, go back and check the early episodes of any STAR TREK series or DC or Marvel super=hero series, and you'll find an awful lot of retconning to accommodate those lapses.

Originally, I was going to respond with further details of what happened back in the day, but I decided Dimitri's storyline paralleled Overide's to some extent, and so you'll have to wait for a resolution to your inquiry until I'm finished with the second book of the series, THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES: RISE OF THE DARK LEGION. (I'm able to say this due to the fact that in working out the details of the first book's story, I'm also working out the outline for all seven books at the same time. By the time the seventh book comes to an end, everyone will be able to look back and see clearly how everything fits to arrive at the story's end in a - hopefully - satisfying manner.)[/quote]
    Honestly, I think he was just referring to the Marvel villain Override and misplaced a letter. It could be the name of TLSC's antagonist, but I kind of doubt it. Ken's dropped things on us randomly before, but this was a little too out of nowhere if it's a reveal.

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Gentlemen, BEHOLD!:
    [​IMG]

5. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Arguably, this is far less terrifying than DEM EYES THAT STARE INTO YOUR SOUL, AND TAUNT YOU ASKING WHERE YOUR GOD IS NOW. Although the sunken mouth and cyborg eye are full of lolwut. One of my Skype friends says he seriously needs a fashion designer.

You don't have to be an artist to have an eye for all the subtle anatomical problems, and I'm not humorously clever like a lot of you, so I'll avoid commenting on those.

6. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Well. I'm never complaining about Sonic Boom Knuckles ever again.

Look at those hands! They're like the inverse of Yaoi hands! And he's still got bumpy knuckles! And look at those ridiculous abs! And those eyes! And those legs! He looks like a freakin' satyr!

The man literally has no sense of proportion.

7. Nova

Nova

I can't even laugh any more

8. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    [​IMG]

Enough internet for today...

9. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    The poor compression sunset background and cliff edge that still has poorly removed "google image search white" really sells it =P

His relentlessness "that'll do" attitude towards his work consistently irks me.

10. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    I just find it funny he still thinks, at least in 3D, those quasi-anime paper-plate-sized are gonna cut it, because both eyes not only don't look like spheres (which is why we call them EYEBALLS), but if they are, take up more space in his skull than his damn brain.

...Scratch that. This isn't even funny, it's just gross.

11. Nova

Nova

I haven't paid attention to the whole saga so forgive any possible ignorance on my part - but to me, these still look like Sega Echidnas, after a fashion. Is his only protection from a C&D coming from Sega the fact that the art is so bad, it's literally impossible to see the similarities to the untrained eye? :v:

12. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    He can't possibly believe he'll turn a profit off these things. The closest thing I see happening to this is that it becomes an ironic cult classic after issues stop being printed since he just can't afford it anymore, and then people resell them for higher price, to which Penders tries suing people for making a profit off his work, despite the fact he sold them physical material granting them rights to do whatever with it :V

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    My thoughts exactly. I saw this and all I could think was just "Ohhhh no"

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Were his arms always that short or

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    he claims he's doing the anatomy proportions off to make them alien

IE: he accidentally made the arms too short for Lien-Da, and since he refuses to acknowledge errors, he's now stuck like this

16. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Looks like someone threw a squid on a Barbie.

17. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    It reminds me of a CGI...thing from a music video circa 1990. You know, the kind of shit you'd laugh at even then.

Fuck me.

18. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I don't even know what to say. This fucking thing is so hideous that it defies description.

19. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    That is the best thing I've heard all year.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    KNOCK KNOCK IT'S KNUCKLES + - yes Marc I stole the joke plz don't ban me =(  

Unbelievable. Every single thing he seems to do to this laughable trainwreck just makes it worse. At this point I'm seriously wondering if Poe's Law needs to be brought into the discussion.