THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: Geoffrey cucked Sonic t. Penders, 2019

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Oh no, now we're not going to be able to discuss Ken Penders anymore :oldbie:

2. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    On second thought, JoeBro makes a valid point.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hahahahahahaha ok enjoy your right wing cult (oh and your side wants to strip away my rights in the name of "religious liberty" because I'm trans, and many of them would like me dead. Also your sides the one with the white terrorists who plot to overthrow Michigan's elected governor, so ya, a lot of the right is evil, and if you don't think the right thinks the same of the left you're delusional.)

But yes, no politics, I'll be a good girl now

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  4. Overlord

Overlord

I want to get off Madame Rona's wild ride Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    STOP THE POLITICS TALK. This is your only warning.

5. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Astolfo will never be your BF Member
    Beaverton OR
    Thinga Comic
    [​IMG]
    ANYWAY,
    That was what I was referring to when I mentioned glorifying British colonialism. Ken straight-up writes Pachacamac and the Knuckles tribe as stealing land from the cat tribes, and like with the racist grampa cabal from Angel Island, follows it up with "but that's a good thing, because they were a bunch of savages and deserved it". It makes the implications of that "Cyber Native Americans" thing even worse (do we have a direct source on that by the way? I've only ever seen it mentioned as hearsay).

That said, I'm not sure how much of this is possibly just a repressed baby-eating fetish on Ken's part? He has multiple tweets that mention characters eating their young, including Sonic himself, I guess because he has no idea whether his characters are rodents or humans? I hate anthropomorphic animals in media where it's not clear if their presence is a metaphor for something human, or if it's literally a fantasy where the point is that animals are people. Bojack makes sense, Beastars makes sense, Zootopia is stuck in the halfway-measure bullshit where discrimination is bad but the downtrodden groups literally used to consume the flesh of others. Sonic usually falls in the "animals are people" camp, even when there's humans around or other weird racial politics (why does this exist?), so this sort of thing directed towards sentient creatures is just fucking unsettling and gross. I have no idea why Penders considers it anything but a gigantic fucking mistake on his part.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  6. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

What. The. Fuck.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    France
    Learning how to draw, studying Japanese
    Every time I think he can't get any worse, he... he finds a way. He always finds a way.

8. KenPendersMeme.jpg

"That's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump

9. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

If any other former writer had twitted something like that, I'd assume that either they're trolling, their account was hacked, or they're trying to burn down the franchise after being let go. But coming from Penders, it sounds like something he (and only he) would actually think was a good idea. Dear Lord.

10. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I don't view Ken Penders as someone on any rational coordianates on the political spectrum. Just watch The Republic for what he thought would happen to the world under the Freedom of Information Act. Its a brilliant little piece of madness. Seriously. Go watch it if you haven't. I can't wait for the sequel. I hope he can release it.

Edit: Because I can't resist sharing this masterpiece.

And yeah, that is the lady from Blade Runner.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  11. Linkabel

Linkabel

Arizona
    You know, I saw this years ago out of curiosity and I seen people post it on multiple forums...but I never realized that was Sean Young.

I wonder how she got involved in the project.

12. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Judging by her IMDB page, probably exactly what one would guess: She was having a drought in work at the time and was probably available. This is in 2010 (Yes with those amazing effects.) and she was in only one short production the year before. Just after this she started a run on The Young and the Restless and appears to have had steady work since. Working actress gotta work.

ofc for all I know the story could be more interesting than that. This is just my guess based off the high profile nature of a Ken Penders feature and her IMDB page.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List