THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: Geoffrey cucked Sonic t. Penders, 2019

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Yeah, I don't think the SatAM box art looks amazing or anything, but it's still competent enough for me to accept that it's an official product. It is heads and shoulders above any of the artwork for the other DiC cartoon DVDs, not that that's saying much as demonstrated above.

2. Chillbro Swaggins

Chillbro Swaggins

I didn't even know he had the rights to those Sonic stories, hereafter known as Lara-Su stories.

Anyway, what are your guesses for the surprises? Here are mine:

1. A signed apology from Ken that THE STORM could not be finished in time for inclusion in this first-print run of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES: BEGINNINGS.
    2. An updated official list of the languages that will be available in THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES app, now including Belarusian, Neo-Sumerian, and Esperanto.
    3. The URL linking to the Kickstarter funding project for the theatrical distribution of THE REPUBLIC.

Interesting, maybe he's not so keen on Kickstarter. I guess we'll find out.

This umbrella statement as worded is not technically comprehensive enough to confirm the coming of THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES through waiting.

3. Chillbro Swaggins

Chillbro Swaggins

Presented without further comment:

[​IMG]

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    "This level of detail and thought occurs with everything depicted in THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES"

Yea it sure seems like it. Ah and props to "Not Angel Island"

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    France
    Learning how to draw
    Is he... patting himself on the back for doing a basic model sheet? Never change, Ken.

6. He invented Knuckles' OVA hat? amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

7. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Zaphod's just some guy, you know? Member
    Beaverton OR
    Thinga Comic
    Not really news, but an Archie Sonic liveblogger I follow on tumblr wrote a pretty great piece on the grander issues with Penders's writing and characterization, his relation to other parts of the comic and the series as a whole. I knew I never liked a lot of his comics as a kid, but I never quite knew why or what was making me read something else instead of continuing with Sonic's comics.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • List
  8. SpeedStarTMQ

SpeedStarTMQ

UK
    Wow that was quite a read - it took me my whole lunch break!

Being in the U.K. we didn’t have the Archie series so I didn’t know the finer plot details, but from reading that Ken really seems to have a scary view of the world.

9. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I saw this pop up on Twitter. This is such a nice read (wait, to clarify, by 'nice' I mean fucking horrific in the most entertaining way). Props to them for subjecting themselves to all that in modern Penders era!

As a UK reader, I thought our Sonic Comic hit it's lows, but here I can see maybe Sonic stopping lame bank robbers was something blessed compared to Max Penders Overdrive!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019 at 11:55 PM
  10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
    Fairly certain Sonic the Comic did that first. November 26th, 1994:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Remember kids, if another Sonic media did it, Sonic the Comic probably did it better first.

11. Charmy being a prince kinda writes itself though? Like bees are famous for having queens, and Charmy isn't far from Charming.

It's like indecently coming up with an albino echidna, ie, white Knuckles.

12. A little off-topic a bit, I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, and I'm sorry if someone thought this first but uh... his drawings look like the kangaroo people from the Tank Girl movie.

Anyone remember that? Ice-T?

13. Tets

Tets

one rude dude Oldbie
    What an engrossing read! I meant to skim over it, but here I am like 45 minutes later just now remembering to blink my eyes. I never looked into to it too much, always figured the Penders of today was a recent-ish phenomenon, but he was huffing his own farts from the very beginning, huh?

My god, I thought this shit was the shit 20 years ago. And to think I could've been reading Marvel comics. I mean, they were right there on the same rack at the grocery store. I've still got my stack of Archie Sonics from just before 50 to 100-something, missing a few here and there, and a bunch of the Knuckles issues. Might have to go through and relive the experience some time. Looking through them now, my ironic favorite is the Image Comics crossover special.

14. Nova

Nova

オ カ エ リ ナ サ λ Site Staff
    [​IMG]

Any excuse to post Doctor Zachary. :V

EDIT: I actually do believe they used the term 'white knuckle ride' to describe an upcoming story featuring this guy once, now that I think about it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019 at 9:12 AM
  15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    How about Archie with Dr. Finitevus? :V

[​IMG]

16. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

Frog blast the vent core! Member
    Same. Bobby is an incredible writer, she really knows how to hook a reader. I knew Archie Sonic was screwed up to the core thanks to Penders, but I never knew just how fucked the entire thing is. This comic should never have been sold to kids.

17. SoNick

SoNick

Oldbie
    now you see why we had a staunch anti-archie comics stand during the brief "Pelord's S2Beta" era :V

But no, I never really got into the comics. I read a few issues here and there and enjoyed what I did read, but I never got super-into them. I hear the re-launched comics are better, but after years of knowing that Sonic comics were fanfiction garbage I never got into the new comics.