THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: Geoffrey cucked Sonic t. Penders, 2019

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    France
    Learning how to draw
    I'm really curious about this actually.
    The stuff Penders did for Archie was... not amazing, but it certainly wasn't unredeemable. Years later, we have shit like this. What happened ?

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    I'm willing to guess that back then he had a team to help him, so maybe he did pencils but he didn't color. He also had some form of guidelines at least. This he's doing all on his own at a stupidly slow pace.

What else does he do these days? This can't be all of it.

3. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Oh that's nothing, if you go back further, when he sometimes shows old inks he's done prior to decent internet (for lazy copying and stuff) and Archie. when he was doing human characters, it's wasn't that bad at all.

His slow pace legitimately astounds me. The original release was meant to be 2012 i think, if he has actually started then and did just one page every 2 weeks for 7 years he'd have 180+ pages to show. Heck i've been making my own webcomic and i just polished off page 235 after just over 3 years, so i have no idea what he's doing.

4. Chillbro Swaggins

Chillbro Swaggins

You know, folks, I can't tell you how many times I've tried to post about Ken Penders and my fingers just freeze up because how did he spell his new term for echidnas again!? I know there are a couple of Ys in there, and maybe an apostrophe or two, but in what order!? Obviously, if I could have a copy of THE STORM by my side this wouldn't be an issue, but delays are to be expected in light of certain creative dilemmas:

So how are we supposed to keep things straight in the meantime? Fortunately, there is a way:

[​IMG]

I'm just kidding, of course; this was a limited edition $25 item from Comic Con that I can only assume was snatched off the market along with those Royal Secret Service Strategic Acorn Ops patches. We'll just have to wait until he finishes that Thunderhawk redesign. And filming THE REPUBLIC. And... what's that?

Oh. Well, maybe he'll release more shirts.

5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Reminder that he still plans to release a Knuckles omnibus...

6. Chillbro Swaggins

Chillbro Swaggins

Happy Birthday Ken Penders! In looking through his Twitter, it seems to me that there is some nice stuff in there as well:

[​IMG]

This piece, done in an afternoon, looks much better to me than the official LSC stuff. The art for that should, I think, be better than it is.

7. Beltway

Beltway

Temptive Bongwater, Sealed in Can Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    college courses / anime trash crusader
    God that puppy sketch looks more professional than the five whatever years' worth of Lara Su stuff he's ever done (and a good chunk of his Archie-era drawings too I bet). That's honestly the absolute best thing I've ever seen him draw, and I seriously mean it as a complement.

It's things like this that seriously makes me think he's just playing the long con with the LSC/Archie stuff, and that he's not actually serious with those properties.

8. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    My guess is that with the dog sketch, he had a photo to go off of. With his other art, he's probably drawing it all straight outta his head... poorly.

9. Chillbro Swaggins

Chillbro Swaggins

If all he needed was a photo to go off of, then his black astronaut character, AKA Anthony Mackie, AKA Antho-ni the M'ckie (hat-tip to ICEknight) should look better than he does. Then again, the original photo didn't have knee jets. And his backgrounds don't look great either, although those aren't traces, they're just plain stock art.