don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    [​IMG]

2. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I might add, he's drawn Sonic with only four fingers on his hand there (counting the thumb).

3. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I feel like whenever this topic is bumped I'm prepared for whatever has been posted...

But I never am.

If a younger artists presented me this with, I wouldn't give them any crap, I'd try and give them pointers because they are still learning. But Penders is WAY older than me, and has apparently been a professional for years, he should be better than this.

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    There's no may be here. I can get a laugh looking at creepy toilet-edits and god knows what's buried in Deviantart's depths, but this is just tragic. Like, I can't even laugh except to ease the strange sensation in my chest that I get from looking into Pender's Sonic's fucked up eyes. I need to phone a doctor.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not only that but it looks like he's getting worse at drawing Sonic characters, and that seems to be all he wants to draw.

6. LowSeasCaroz

LowSeasCaroz

Hessia, Germany
    Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
    This makes me even more certain that the infamous "Many Handz" artist (who is credited for some of the worst art besides Penders in the Archie comics' history) was just a pseudonym of Ken Penders in a brief moment of realizing how bad his Sonic art was... This man is one of the most puzzling cases of a poor artist getting worse with time.

7. Sirius-R

Sirius-R

basement cave under a rock
    whatever 3AngleTeam/3Angleware is up to atm (currently dead)
    Well, technically he's improving. The issue is his very questionable art style. It's so hilariously bad, I'm sure he does it on purpose to piss people off. Unless he's really braindead and considers his art aesthetically pleasing.

8. Sirius-R

Sirius-R

Well, it's not really that uncommon to see artists whose style gets uglier to some degree with time.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya that's fair (although Penders' style started out terrible so it's a bit different). This was kinda true for Spaz, although I'm not sure if that's because he got worse or because he just never really learned how to draw Modern Sonic. He did some great classic Sonic covers though, even if the hands were a bit too realistic for the character.

10. Sirius-R

Sirius-R

I probably have a bad taste, but I wouldn't say so. Sure, it wasn't great at all, but neither I'd call it terrible.
    From what I can recall from his first works in Archie's Sonic comic, his art style started as rather average for the overall comic's art style at that time. I haven't got past Sonic Adventure tie-in though, so I can't really say how fast his style went down the shitter.

11. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    If Penders could just work a psychopathic possessed doll into his comics he'd be set!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Didn't Penders start out wanting to make his weird comic about space native Americans with pseudo native American themes and names, but he couldn't do that so he injected this stuff into the Sonic comics instead, mostly through Knuckles' extended family history?

13. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Welp. Time to update the Wiki images!

(Also what the fuck am I doing with my life making this..OH WELL - 700 HOURS IN MS PAINT)

[​IMG]

14. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    It really says something about the quality of the original image that it was impossible to maintain 100% of the horror, you still wound up improving it.

15. I am legitimately considering making that glorious, and mildly terrifying, work of art my new screensaver for my droid. (MS Paint version that is.)

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    [​IMG]

I drew some fan art I don't think I captured the true essence though.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, for one thing there's not enough ' characters in the e'c'y'd''d'n'ya'a name. =P

Archie is dead now, why does Penders still think he's even vaguely relevant?

18. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    If he never finishes anything he'll never have to admit he's not relevant when it doesn't sell.

[​IMG]

19. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    What gets me is that he put it up on Twitter as an example of his work. He's PROUD of that monstrosity.

20. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Jesus Christ, to borrow a phrase from Mr. Plinkett: "What's wrong with your TEETH?!"