don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    Hey Ken. You stop beating your wife yet?

2. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    You were expecting Penders to admit he's wrong on anything? :specialed: *bricked*

It's a waste of time bothering to oppose him directly on his Twitter, and I personally wouldn't be able to stomach it if any of his supporters defended him. It's a vicious cycle of arguing where neither person is convinced of the other side's argument.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I hate that creator! He's an obstacle that always gets in my way!

I am the Archie

4. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I fucking wish a scandal of that level would be exposed so that way his creditability would be destroyed.

Otherwise someone send this to him:
    http://youtu.be/CkXrD7q2VHs

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    While Ken is being a dick about it, he does kinda have a point in that he should have been paid for those releases if he got paid for the amount of copies sold. While it is translated, it was still his work being sold with him not getting anything for it.

Also, Chris, NEVER tell artists to just be happy with doing work for more exposure. Just don't.

6. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    I can't pretend to know about the legality of this stuff, But If Archie was printing that in multiple languages at the same time, surely he was paid at the time for the printing of his work, the language of the text is irrelevent surely?

Or, is that actually a new reprint, because the paper looks old as balls.

Or is that actually just a fan Swedish scanlation?

7. Tylinos

Tylinos

Price box at the top says 1995, and the original versions of the two issues there came out in early 1994, so probably an old translation.

Given that any mention of Archie appears to be completely gone, and I've found two other Finnish Sonic covers with completely different price box designs ( http://www.sonicgear.org/FinlandPages/FinlandArchieComic.jpg http://www.lukuhetki.fi/tuotekuvat/image41083.jpg ), I'm going to say it's entirely possible this was an unauthorized translation.

EDIT: Nevermind. He provided evidence that it's legit.

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/693906905966579712

8. Tylinos

Tylinos

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/701659235784851456
    [quotename="Ken Penders"]I've decided to bite the bullet & purchase the copyrights of the work by any & all SONIC freelancers who didn't sign a contract with Archie.[/quote]

Just some forewarning before anyone replies: He hasn't actually done this yet, which means some/all are very possible to not sell to him, or ask for something outside his price range.

9. Just some forewarning before anyone replies: He hasn't actually done this yet, which means some/all are very possible to not sell to him, or ask for something outside his price range.
    [/quote]

He would try and snap up Finitevus from Bollers...

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    What exactly is his endgame here? More Original Characters for the Mary-Su trainwreck, one would assume?

11. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    He's attempting to buy the rights to Archie Sonic characters? Ok then. Presumably he intends to use them in his "totally not the adventures of Knuckles and family" story, as if it wasn't already reeking of a massive Sonic rip-off.

Which would be kinda ironic, considering that Dr. Finitevus is arguably already an unoriginal character (as compared to Sonic the Comic's Dr. Zachary - there's absolutely no way that the blatant design similarities between those two were coincidential).

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Well, was he paid per copies sold?

And I struggle to understand how he didn't know Archie sold translations in other countries...I would think that's something that would be common knowledge within the company.

13. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Just some forewarning before anyone replies: He hasn't actually done this yet, which means some/all are very possible to not sell to him, or ask for something outside his price range.
    [/quote]

It is Ken Penders we're talking about.
    This seems like it's one big money-wasting game to him.
    also what use would he have for these characters? isn't EVERYONE ON THE PLANET DEAD?
    there would be no point to have alternate universe characters visit this one if there's noone of interest for them there.
    Not to mention the trauma everyone, especially the kids, should be going through EXTREME TRAUMA BECAUSE ALL THEIR FRIENDS ARE DEAD.

14. Tylinos

Tylinos

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/704833559274500100

Holy crap. Geoffrey has almost Mary Sue levels of special skills.

Also, his description of Sonic: "...the blue-spined Erinaceinae..." (Even aside from that being the silliest way to get around saying "Hedgehog", he didn't even spell "Erinaceidae" right.)

15. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Let's not forget that he's using "Kintobor"...

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    NUMBER OF CONFIRMED KILLS

[​IMG]

CLASSIFIED

[​IMG]

17. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    [​IMG]

18. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    I meme'd.
    [​IMG]

19. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Of all the things he's shown so far, that illustration actually isn't completely and thoroughly terrible. The facial expression is just odd, and so is the entire bio. Reading character bios on the Internet makes me laugh as it is.

20. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Everything he does comes off as fanfiction I can't take seriously. Such a shame since I loved his comics when I was younger. Sucks seeing the guy has lost it.