don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. GagaMan

GagaMan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EVERYTHING IS WRONG

He has somehow created an image even more horrifying than the last 'preview'. I love seeing how much worse this can get, this is becoming beyond a clusterfuck now.

2. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    As I posted on twitter; an image reply that is both a comparison and an opinion:

[​IMG]

3. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Well...

...at least she has no relation to the Sonic series anymore?

4. Ell678

Ell678

Am I Annoying You? Member
    Barrow, England
    Sonic Incursion
    During this whole mess I don't think I have laughed as much as when I saw that...that fucking mess. I'm no linguist, so if someone can please tell me what the hell Diva-isnous is, or meant to be, answers on a postcard please.

5. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    It's like if someone made a cross between Julie-Su, a rottweiler and Snooki.

6. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    God, this is exactly the laugh I needed this morning. For once in a while, Penders actually does something hilariously horrifying. I can't take one look at that thing and NOT die of squeaky laughter.

If this isn't trolling, then I don't know what is. There are hobbyists producing better things than that uncanny valley-inducing monstrosity pulled straight from the damaged lobe of his incomprehensible creative thinking centers.

Please tell me tickets for front row aren't sold out.

I can't think of a more fitting reaction than this. I'm laughing even harder now, thanks Retro.

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I may not have read the comics for any more than the occasional issue every year or so, but if this guy was a contributor, I'm glad they blew up the continuity. Seems like the characters and writing he took were hinderances more than anything else.

8. Falk

Falk

I'm pretty sure the past two years have broken Penders mentally.

9. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You know the whole line about averting your eyes from a train wreck.

10. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I do, but I'm just shocked it is even still applicable. The train crashed a long time ago. Now the relief workers are bumbling around the scene.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd say it's more they found a cart containing explosive material and part of it just went off.

12. Tarheeltim

Tarheeltim

jesus christ I thought this was a saints row the third mod

13. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Speaking in the nicest possible way, Mr Penders really does have a unique view on what "visually appealing" looks like. =T

(The not nicest possible way) It's like, Rejected 'ReBoot' concept art, CG that looks bad by 1994 standards lol

14. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    So, this showed up in one of my TLs recently.

[​IMG]

...Yeah. Penders is implying that he wants people to pay him for the right to draw fanart of his shlock.

Yeah, good luck with that, Kenny.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Please, let's not insult the honour of the House of Duras by comparing them to Penders' abominations.

Seriously, that CGI is HILARIOUSLY bad. I agree with others further up the thread - between this and him wanting to charge for people drawing his Knuckles clones, I think he's just flipped. #penderp indeed.

16. This guy is a serious joke. Saying that people should pay him for making fan-art of the garbage that he considers art? Why not pay the man to stop? :v: That fan-art of Lien-Da is pretty funny though. This guy is a serious joke though, and he somehow manages to keep digging himself deeper into his little shit-fantasy world of "I AM THE BEST SCREW ALL OF YOU". *sighs*

17. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    This just keeps getting better with time. Penders broke an unspoken rule already right there, responding to "haters", (I don't see it as professional to acknowledge them, honestly. Look at what good it did for Phil Fish.) but saying people need to cough up paychecks to draw his ugly, techno snozzlehog echidnas with necks? PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS RICHER THAN GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE.

It's a shame a good artist at humans can't hold a candle to most of deviantART's Sonic fans can do, which is bad by itself, let alone the Sonic Fanon Wiki. That site might one day burn in an especially hot corner of Hell, and yet I'm sure his 3D modeling would scare half of its community, easily.

18. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I kind of don't want to say who out of respect, but it looks like the artist who made the model has been found (unless it's already known). I'm hoping he doesn't get the same kind of backlash as Penders, especially since Penders approached him about it, but...I wouldn't be surprised.

19. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    So somebody else did it? I hope he doesn't get any backlash either. Ken must've wanted him to capture her to a Tee, oh God. There had to be tears sculpting that monster.

20. Tylinos

Tylinos

Funny, that. The person who did the Lien-Da render is the same springythesnake that the Twitter convo up there started over.

The model's on Springy's DeviantArt account, so it isn't exactly hidden. But yeah, he doesn't really deserve hate for it. Springy's actually a pretty decent artist and interior CG modeller. But his Lien-Da model just...really isn't a good representation of his work. At all.