don't click here

The Great SVN Giveaway

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    So.. I have a domain. I've had a domain for a while now, and it's a domain with a lot of bandwidth I do not use. I also have SVN capability, and I host a few hacks on it. Originally just a small thing, I've decided to open it up for other people to use..

.. with a few rules and guidelines for it.

Firstly, if you want one, you have to present your hack here, in this topic, or if you want it kept quiet, via PM, where it'll be that presentation of it (and you can link to previous forum topics too) that I'll make a choice over whether it's worthy of an SVN for it or not. I'm not hosting any Sonic runs through Blue Hills on here.

Secondly, unless it's quite a major thing you're working on and it really is a very, very nice piece of work, I won't be giving this to hacks worked on by individuals. If you're working on it mainly yourself but you have people who need to regularly test it and make changes, that's fine too, but it'll only be under the greatest scutiny that an individual gets one all to themselves.

Thirdly, don't go stupid with it. Don't fill it up with 2gb of rubbish, as if I hear it's happening, or suspect it is, I'll add myself an account to the SVN, check it out, and if I find it, I'll be erasing it.

Those be the rules for it, now what good is something like this for? Well, version control is useful stuff, especially when messing around with major ideas, as you can quickly and easily revert to an earlier version of things before any mistakes you make have happened (ie. backups). Another benefit, particularly with groups, is being able to alter different sections (or the same sections) of code individually and put it all together at the same time without much hassle.

Oh, and yes, you can trust me with your hacky data stuffs. I won't be giving anything out, and it's all kept private, even from me (unless I suspect things, as I mentioned).

tl;dr, SVN for your good ROM hacks, who wants one?

2. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    If I was working on a hack with multiple people, I would sure as hell apply. This is pretty awesome, and I think its great that you are doing this.

Is this only running for a certain amount of time? Or what?

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Nah, it's open for now. Whether or not I take the offer down depends on if I get any takers in the first place. :P

4. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I would take on this opportunity, but I have no use for SVN, thanks though

5. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Right, as nobody is taking this up, the offer is closed. :x Nevermind, it was an idea..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.