don't click here

The Emeralds Quest

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by RazoZen, Feb 28, 2015.

1. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    The Emeralds Quest

[​IMG]

Hello, everyone! I'd like to present a game, which turned out to be quite unique in some way. I like Sonic and puzzles very much, and I've always wanted to make a game about him. But I'm not very good with programming and hacking, but I've learnt PHP, MySQL and other web-developing stuff, so I've got an idea once about making a game using the skills I'm at least a little bit good at. I started working on this project three years ago. Everything was written from scratch in the notepad++. The game went through a lot of hardpships on its way, but yesterday, I finally finished it.
    I wrote all the code and my husband, Razor, made the images I described. I'd like to make a reminder here as not one of us is a good artist. And I didn't have any time, since the coding, the ideas and the writing (in both Russian and English language) were on me. So Razor just googled and edited the pictures he found on the Internet. Only sometimes I drew something myself. So if there turns out to be anyone, who sees their art and wants it to be taken down or credited in some way, please, contact me immediately, and I'll fix it.
    I tried my best to translate the game to English, but I might've messed something up. If you'd care to point and fix some mistakes in my English, I'd be very grateful if you do so.
    Now, about the game itself. It's actually like some kind of an interactive fanfic. There are games, which require some thinking. Everyone's puzzles will be a bit different thanks to a randomizer. So telling a person in need of help to press some particular buttons won't do any good, because it works differently for everyone. The only way to solve some of these puzzles, is to figure out the concept of each particular one. Once you get the concept, it's going to be quite easy to figure out what to do with any kind of state of things.
    Everyone is very welcome to try and deduce things together, but I'd rather you to post things you know how to solve inside a spoiler. If you are really stuck and want my help, I'll happily send you hints via PM.
    Also there might be some minor problems with the site of the game, because I'm using a free hosting, and it has some troublesome restrictions and is a bit slow sometimes. Too bad, but I can't do anything about it. Also if you stumble upon any bug, please, send me a screenshot of it. I'll be very grateful.
    This project took a lot of effort, and I'm unbelievably happy to finally have it finished after three long years and with so many thousands of rows of the code written.
    I'll be very happy, if there are people, who'd find this game interesting.
    Thanks for your time and your attention!

2. Puzzle games are rad, but unfortunately, your link takes me to a broken page. I'm using Firefox if that helps any.

3. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Unfortunately, the free hosting I'm using is causing some troubles. We'll just have to wait till they sort it out =/ Sorry for the inconvenience.

UPD: it's back online. I guess the hosting server had some nasty problems.

4. P3DR0

P3DR0

b0ss Member
    SONIC INFINITY
    Eh... I think I will pass this one. Registration is not exactly a nice thing to have especially these which require you to activate your account. Too much effort to be had for a fangame in which I haven't seen one screenshot and it's described as a interactive fanfic. I'm totally down to giving it a try but once you either remove the registration process or make it so I don't actually have to use my e-mail (removing the activation part) in a website that I don't really trust, sorry.

5. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Since it's a PHP+MySQL game (sadly, I don't know any other languagues that good), the registration is needed to save your progress so you can come anytime and proceed playing wherever you left.
    The activation is needed as a precaution for people not to spam multiple accounts very quickly. You could always register a spare email account for that, if you don't want to use your current one.
    And we have a walkthough of this game on our channel, but I highly advise not to watch it if you don't want to spoil anything.
    Here you go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEN_0qDrP-k

Oh, and by the way. If you really don't want to activate your account, PM me and I'll create and/or activate an account for you on my own.