don't click here

The elusive SEGA Pico Credits search

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Prototype, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Prototype

Prototype

I'm currently in the process of documenting information about the various Super Sentai/Tokusatsu games on the SEGA Pico, including sprite ripping for posterity, but there's something that continues to bug me about Pico games. It's very hard to find credits for these games, especially Japan-only titles. I can't read Japanese, but from a cursory glance there doesn't seem to be any credits information in the available manual scans, and there doesn't seem to be any within the storybook cartridges themselves due to their non-ending nature.

What would be the best way to locate staff credits for these games? Or is it one of those things that will be lost to time?

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Unless the details are buried in the ROMs themselves, it'll be the same as most other Japanese games from the 1980s and early 1990s - lots of trawling through interviews and twitter accounts to see if there are any clues.

3. Prototype

Prototype

Just as I thought. But thanks for the insight. I certainly can't find anything about them though. I'm wondering if there's a SIMS Co. Ltd connection, as they were responsible for the two Power Rangers games on Game Gear as well as the PR Movie game on Megadrive. From what I can tell, Nova Co. Ltd. were reponsible for the first MMPR game (and good luck figuring out who the pseudonyms are in the credits!), but they don't seem to have had any continuing input with the Power Rangers games.

It's a lot easier when it comes to the Nintendo-based titles, as they were all handled by Natsume and shared many staff.