don't click here

The Complete Sonic Shuffle Game Music Package

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chibisteven, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    This rip was done using a Dreamcast console modded for true digital output or SPDIF. To get this things like that the Jingles, the "see you again..." screen and Sonic Room, I made 3 separate bootable hacks. I used the retail GD-ROM for the remainder of the ripping process. Included are streams from video files and frequently missed Jingle hidden in ADXVOICE.MDT. Because of a lack of any proper official soundtrack release for this game, it should be noted that after asking a moderator via PM what the policy is on this. I found out this should be okay.

A year ago I added this page to Wiki.

EDIT: Convenience package. Includes some additional stuff from this topic as well as the Sonic Shuffle digital music rip.

UPDATE: Some additional information on the mix levels for the ADX streams in the game as well as the type of sample interpolation and sample rate to use on certain streams.

BIG UPDATE: Added the Japanese versions of Bitter Tears and Prismatic Prison as those are different from the USA & PAL versions.

FINAL UPDATE: Includes some additional information on both Sega Dreamcast and Nintendo GameCube resampling and fixes a few oversights with the "SA_PLAY_UNRELEASED_&_ALT_MUSIC" bonus section for fans of the Adventure games.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1mfh1f67t7f3uda/SSGARW.7z

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  2. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    Neat. I've always been curious about this game, I'll have to take a listen.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I remember the music being super trippy. Thanks for this!

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Thanks for the upload! It sounds great.

It only just hit me that this game never got a proper music release, and there are some good tracks in here! I got good memories of trying to rinse as much Shuffle as possible before SA2 came out. Hell, I'd totally pay for an updated PC release with fixed loading times. :)

How do you achieve the digital audio output on the Dreamcast anyway? I've got a decent sort of setup with a seperate RCA audio out into a sound system at the moment, but Digital audio + VGA would be the dream come true if it's an easy mod.

5. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    Well it's not something I feel like attempting to do again even if you offer to pay me. You're kind of on your own. Rather difficult for me due to my large hands and total lack of working space including lack of experience with microsoldering.

• Invested in a fine tip temperature controlled microsoldering iron and fine soldering thread.
    • Followed this guide.
    • Bought some tin coated .28 wires and the appropriate wire stripper.
    • Bought the parts (using the coaxial version of it). Works with coaxial or toslink.
    • Attached wires to the DAC chip as shown in the guide. I got a more reliable connection using the ground and +5 on the DAC chip itself then the SMD capacitor.
    • Read a bit of this thread among countless others and several Google searches.
    • Bought extra working lightly used Dreamcasts off ebay because I didn't want to do it on the only one I had.
    • I used a 10uf 16v capacitor between the ground of the added the circuit and the ground point of the DAC chip.
    • Used a VA1 Dreamcast revision (manufacture dates in the early to mid 2000's).

SPDIF Transmiter, while supplies last.
    Signal Inverter for the empthesis line.
    Adapter break out for the SPDIF transmitter
    Adapter break out board for the logic inverter.

P.S. Broke a few Dreamcasts because it was my first time attempting it.

6. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

Aha, definitely more than a quick couple of solders then. That's still good to know about though! I've been watching a friend of mine recently do a few RGB video mods of a few consoles so I've started paying a lot more attention to video/audio signals as a result. Thanks for the info. :)

In the meantime, for those who want a nice (okay, maybe passable is a better word here) placeholder image for whatever newfangled iTunes/MediaMonkey music playing program they've got, I've made a poor man's front cover. 2000 hours in MSPaint. :v:

[​IMG]

I definitely welcome anyone to improve on this if they've got any ideas or suggestions.

7. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    It's a lot better than the one I came up with in 2012 or 2013? Not sure exactly when I created it. Awesome work, yours is a lot better. Mine was an afterthought along the time my music library started requiring embedded album art. Interestingly I did the Sonic Shuffle audio rip sometime around valentine's day this year (took around a week's time to do), after a short period time of studying the Dreamcast's audio hardware behavior digitally after noticing some oddities. Never felt the need to change it, until now at least.

The one I came up with below:
    [​IMG]

8. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    A little something extra for those that own the Steam versions of the Adventure games.

These .m3u playlists will load up tracks that weren't released in the original Japanese vocal album and soundtrack releases of the Adventure games. It should be noted some tracks were available elsewhere and some got released for the first time in the digital distribution re-releases, some are alternate or game size versions, too. You shouldn't have to look for them with these.

EDIT: Link removed. Will be re-uploaded upon request.

9. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

I do actually like your cover art as well. You found a much cleaner version of the logo than what I used, so maybe I'll tweak mine a bit in the future. :)

I'm not sure when I got bitten by the bug of 'embed cover art with ALL MUSIC', but it seems when you have one nice looking digital album cover, you kinda want to go the whole mile and revamp a whole hard drive's worth of tracks...

10. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    I have the actual logo I used. It's a very large .png file (probably larger than what an 8K TV is capable of displaying). Hope this helps.

You can use GIMP to scale it down if you wish (which is free): https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

EDIT: Link removed. Will be re-uploaded upon request.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  11. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I'm of the minority that actually enjoyed this game as a kid, so thanks a bunch for this crystal clear soundtrack I didn't even realize I wanted :)

12. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
    Is the link down? It just redirects to the main FileDropper homepage.

13. Chibisteven

Chibisteven

US
    Should work now. :)

Sorry about the wait.

Files expire after a certain amount of time on File Dropper.

14. EmerlForgotten

EmerlForgotten

Sonic Music Curator Member
    Three years late but thanks for the best collection of Shuffle music! This helped me immensely in my upcoming definitive compilation of Sonic music!