don't click here

The Book of Zones or something

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mobiethian, Apr 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Hey Retro-goers, I had a splendid idea a while back to create an updated Sonic the Hedgehog zone book. It's untitled and about 20% finished. I have the cover design done and printed already and I will be printing the pages on real fine paper to assemble in the book.

I'm focusing mainly on screenshots, but sorted by zones not by game title and classic 2D and more. I want to include many illustrations and exciting big score or ring screenshots and oddities. Want to lend a hand in this? The best that I can do if you post a screenshot in this topic that I use in the book and/or help tremendously, would be a spot for your name in the special thanks/end credits page.

Seriousness here. Post some screenshots of some exciting Sonic areas and stunts! Preferably 320 x 224, but really doesn't matter. :v:

2. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    What, you mean like the 8000 Super Ring locations in S&K that people shoot past immediately because they never realised there was another passage? =P
    Or maybe instructions for getting into that "hidden" area right at the top of MHZ Act 2 right before the boss, for the people who think it's a case of pot-luck?

EDIT: Every Zone from every game? That's gonna take you a long time. Wouldn't it be better uploading it to the Wiki to expand the pages we've already got?

3. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    A book of this magnitude will probably cost $80 a copy, which I'd pay if it were really well printed. I'd be especially interested in the Triple Trouble, Tails Adventure and Sonic Pocket Adventure sections.

4. RAMPKORV

RAMPKORV

Oldbie
    Sweden
    Licking my girlfriend's anus
    www.lulu.com

5. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    All zones. I have the resources to print this book, just can't publish it, I may be a real big book but it would be nice to have a book of zones to look at. I never ever found one in a library. So I started one.

6. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Yes, because attempting to sell a book comprised completely of copyrighted material is a FANTASTIC idea.

7. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I'm not sure how to respond to this, other than to point out the Mother 3 Handbook:
    http://fangamer.net/products/m3-handbook
    (Although that's a bit complicated situation. They basically got the OK from Nintendo to go through with it.)

Also, Amazon's CreateSpace is a lot cheaper than using Lulu.

8. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    I can't see Sega giving a fuck about this any more than us tearing their games apart and making better quality games than they can manage =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.