don't click here

The 4th Annual Sonic "ROM Editing" Contest

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Ayla, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Shade

Shade

Touche :P

I'll take the position if people want me to though.

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    This sort of thing needs a board of people rather than one person.

3. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I agree with Qjimbo, but this truly is getting rediculous to the point of cancelling or rescheduling for January or even the end of August, providing judges could be picked. I'd null My submission and Judge, but I'd doubt I have the correct qualifications to be a judge.

4. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Well, first off, I'd like to formally apologize on my behalf, and Nayr's behalf or the lack of attentiveness and responsibility in regards to this contest. I personally take partial, if not full responsibility in regards to a lack of communication about this contest, and any relevant events.

However, I am now going to take things in a direction that'll hopefully be able to salvage this contest.

The new, and final deadline is to be: September 30th, 2006: 11:59PM. Any entries submitted past that date will not be accepted under any circumstances, unless I am unable to enforce that deadline.

So basically, you have almost two weeks to prepare or finalize a submission.

As of now, I am the only judge. (TheLazenby is being 'trialled' as a temp judge based on the current submissions. We will see how that goes) If you wish to apply, feel free to do so, but however, please keep in mind that you may not enter the contest if you wish to be a judge. If you are accepted to be a judge, please make sure that you have the time (and energy) to judge submissions shortly after September 30th. (By shortly, I mean one week at the latest.)

Submission instructions will be available soon.

5. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Great, we will finally have the results for the contest. I was worried it was going to be cancelled.

Probably, I will not enter on this year's contest. Because I needed to rush with Sonic Gaiden (rush = no quality)

6. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    Hmm...I may be able to put something into this contest with just 4 zones plus the new DEZ with this extended deadline, although I'm not gonna hold myself to it. I've still got quite a few changes to make and a whole act to finish up first.

7. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Hmm I should be able to submit a better version of mine now than the last one. Lets hope that this actually happens.

8. Robjoe

Robjoe

Oooh, nice. I may just release the current version of hack, which features water added to quite a few zones.

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    Hello.

I am now an official judge for this contest. I have some okay, good and bad news. The okay news is that we will be judging right away. The bad news is that we don't have all the hacks because either the links were broken or Samantha didn't give Mustapha the hacks before she left. The good news though is that we would like everyone who sent in a hack to resent there latest playable version.

You can post it in the topic, or you can send it to either Mustapha or me (preferably both). If you didn't send in a hack, and send one in now, we won't be judging it.

Once again, sorry for this taking so long.

10. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Oh, fuck I completely missed the date. I thought it was October 30th. =(

11. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    Well, I sent in my hack (see page 13 for proof) but I gots an updated version with me.

Downloadness...

12. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    I just Pm'ed the following people for their latest version of there hacks, If I missed you, tell me.

muteKi
    Menodix
    Sonic 65
    Hivebrain
    Jman2050
    Super
    Effexox
    Tweaker (Still need Sonic 1 Megamix)
    Sparks (Still need Sonic 2 Rerun)
    Rika_chou
    StephenUK
    Shadow Fire
    Jessica Stein
    Keoro
    Robjoe1107

You can add me on MSN to send it to me if you want at jcferggy(a)hotmail(dot)com.

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Name / Alias: Sparks aka Snowflake.
    Name of Hack: Sonic Rerun.
    Game of Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog US build
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Download: Click Here
    Notes: Only 3 Music ports, thanks to Shadowfire for the music bin files and theres a few small unedited palletes.

Name / Alias: Sparks aka Snowflake.
    Name of Hack: Sonic Rerun 3.
    Game of Origin: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Download: Click Here
    Notes: Angel Islands pallete is unfinished, Mushroom Hill, Flying Battery and Death Egg are blocked due to layout terms.

14. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    I KNOW I contacted Samantha directly with my entry :/

15. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    *Edit* I'm stopping this project for now and so I'm taking this level down.

16. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Cross my name off the list. I just PMed you the location of both hacks to be used.

17. CheeseBacon

CheeseBacon

I am the greatest character ever. Member
    Flash
  18. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Effexor, that hack isn't working for me? What emulator are tou using? Can you tell me or post one that runs well on Gens?

19. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    K, I don't really have an update to the hack that I DID submit, but would it be possible to trade that hack(a sonic advance hack) out for my main hack(StH:DX)? It's probably a stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

20. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Well I'll ask Mustapha and PM you what he says. I would also like what other people think on this too.

-EDIT- Just asked and he said yes. Now Super, you may also change out your S3K hack For Sonic Uno if you want.

—X2 EDIT-- Updated list of hacks:

muteKi
    Sonic 65
    Jman2050
    Menodix
    Super
    Effexox
    Hivebrain
    Tweaker (Still need Sonic 1 Megamix)
    Sparks (Still need Sonic 2 Rerun)
    Rika_chou
    StephenUK