don't click here

That's a...Chaos Emerald!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by David The Lurker, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    There's three possibilities that I can come up with:

1 ) Sonic's ring count was just about to hit 0 when Knuckles ambushed Sonic, which is why Sonic dropped the emeralds instead of rings when he was hit.

2 ) Knuckles, being one of the physically strongest characters in the Sonic universe, is just barely strong enough to damage Super Sonic.

3 ) Knuckles is just super special awesome like that. Oh, and it's a cut scene in a game made in 1994.

2. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Or you know that could be a glitch. :v:

3. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    Yeah, I hold the ME responsible. Super Sonic's approach to Angel Island is the first time in 4,000 years that the Emeralds (or the Westside Emeralds, if you're a twosetsfag) have been brought within a thousand miles of the Master (and the Master's whole gimmik is to negate their powers), so the ME is particularly well-stocked with the ability to de-power the CEs.
    Just approaching Angel Island leaves Super Sonic vulnerable as he flies through the ME's extended field of influence; so one punch from Knux is all it takes.

On top of that, you could conjecture that he was about to hit 0 rings anyway.

*EDIT: Actually, look at my sig. That's pretty much exactly what it describes.

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Just to fuel the speculation on the "About to hit 0 Rings," when he gets hit, no rings fly off.

5. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

I love over-analyzing 16-bit cutscenes, especially about Sonic. :v:

6. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    If it's the Master Emerald making Super Sonic vulnerable to Knuckles' punch, then wouldn't he have been vulnerable throughout the entirety of the game? I mean, outside of the last boss, I can't think of a single instance where Super Sonic was as vulnerable to damage as he was during the first cut scene...

Edit: Computer fail <_<

7. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Knux asks the ME to empower his fists with it's neutralizing field beforehand.

Any holes can easily be patched by shit from the future games..

8. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Lame explanation: Knuckles didn't hurt him, just knocked him hard enough that he dropped the Emeralds.

Of course, the boulders in Doomsday zone don't make him drop anything...so...I dunno.

9. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    If you do believe that there are two sets of Emeralds, its possible that Knuckles was in HIS super form as well.

10. StatiX

StatiX

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Knuckles turn pink when he's in his super form? At least, that's what I've heard....

11. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    I was thinking that the ME had stored up something analogous to a static charge over 4,000 years; the "charge" being Chaos-Emerald negation rather than electricity. Knuckles whacking SS discharges the stored up power and knocks the Emeralds right out of Sonic.
    It's essentially exactly the same thing Robotnik does at the start of Unleashed; just without all the EggmanTech©.

[​IMG]

GAYYYYYY

12. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The problem with this is that Knuckles wouldn't believe Robotnik's story about the Angel Island Emeralds being stolen if he still had them. But that did remind me that if you assume there was only one set of emeralds, that would mean that Robotnik did not trick Knuckles, that Sonic actually had the emeralds that he was supposed to be guarding.

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    One of the things I liked about the Archie Sonic comics was that they addressed the gayness of the pink color, when Sonic was making fun of Knuckles in his Master Emerald induced evil power form, saying "What is wrong with Hyper Knuckles, or are you just afraid of being pink" =P

14. John Calibur

John Calibur

I feel like I wrote something about this before... well whatever I like overanalyzing cutscenes. I mean the literal reason is obvious, what fun would sonic 3 be if you had all 7 from the start?

Either way, Super Sonic can still die by being crushed. Knuckles can punch through walls, he can probably punch close to the force of being crushed.

15. StatiX

StatiX

If Knuckles was going fast enough to shoot UP through the ground, at least I'd drop the chaos emeralds. I have to say, Knuckles really was a bitch, stealing them. And then, he just runs away. He doesn't even turn into his super form or anything.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    He didn't have 50 Rings, leave him be.

17. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    He also doesn't jump/glide anytime between stealing your Emeralds and disappearing into the depths of AIZ Act 1's layout.

18. StatiX

StatiX

True. I'd be surprised if he didn't have 50 rings, though. There's a whole zone full of them that's been mainly deserted until Sonic and Tails came along.

Maybe he was just showing off, like "DERP, I don't need to be Super Knuckles to get away from you shits, haha"

19. The ParadoxX

The ParadoxX

Don't know if this counts, but if you use debug mode to go through knuckles' path in Ice Cap Zone, the ice spikes does damage Super Sonic!

20. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    S3 intro I always seen it as knuckles surprised sonic and made him drop / knock out the emeralds, yeah super sonic is super but it's a good way of telling the user "haha you have to start without any emeralds again" just like samus somehow always loses most of her gear due to a random explosion or something.

Plus knuckles lives on angel island and I guess he knows the insides and out of the island, when he runs away he can just take short cuts, hide or what ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.