Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Pengi

Pengi

One doesn't relate to the other.

Also, this is an ad that has Sonic using an iPhone to play a game exclusive to the Apple Arcade subscription service, boasts the service's 100+ new games and ends with the service's logo, slogan and details of how to get it. I wouldn't assume that Sega paid for it.

2. For anyone that hadn’t picked the full game up yet (like me), Steam have another of their Sonic sales on at the moment. Team Sonic Racing is 75% off on its own, but if you happen to own every other Sonic game on Steam, you can get it for around £2.20/$2.50 by buying the “Ultimate” collection: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/sonic_ultimate_sale/

3. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

This is late, but I want to say that I hope whoever decided to have Green Light Ride replace the course music in time attack is no longer working at Sega.

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    You mean Sumo Digital?

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh that was an awful decision, agreed. With such a good soundtrack why they insist on a whole mode using one song is beyond me.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I played this again over the weekend, it's been a good 10 months since I last booted it up.

Still an enjoyable game but i'm fully burned out by this game, the returning tracks, the broken online, the entire package felt like a rental release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

This feels like two steps backward from the SEGA All-Stars Racing games.

8. This game tries its best to be what TCR was, but lacks. While it is its own idea, you can see some similarities, like menus. Many of the missions are not fun at all, and the plot moves too fast in the career mode. Every character is like “hmmm is this guy... bad?” after 1-2. While sonic is fast, the plot moves faster, Online is dead as all shit, and playing it on steam is less viable than playing it on xbox, ps4 or switch.

However, the gimmick of team racing is a fun, unique mechanic i feel is amazing for a racing game. But because we have an amazing gimmick that this game revolves around, it makes the normal races feel boring, knowing that many of the tracks not ported from sega all stars were meant for team racing.

A fine quick game to play with friends or play when you’re bored, but not worth $40. Wait for it to be on sale if you want a sense of value.

9. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I know this game isn't amazing, but would anyone on Retro want to group up to have a few games online of this ? I have it on Steam.