Team Sonic Racing (Sumo Digital/May 21st 2019)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, May 25, 2018.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    So sorry tsr.

You're dead

2. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

Member Member
    It's not gonna happen but for what it's worth I do hope they fix the online and make dlc for the game. I mean it sold decently enough right?

I just don't understand why it has to be this way

You get it from drift boosts and stunt boosts only afaik. I believe the burst lasts a little longer if you get a triple boost but don't quote me on that

3. Beltway

Beltway

Temptive Bongwater, Sealed in Can Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    college courses / anime trash crusader
    So UK opening week numbers for Sonic's Ass Racing are in and...

- Third-biggest videogame opening of the year for the UK, behind Days Gone and RE2 Remake
    - Second-best debut in the series behind N-Sane Trilogy
    - Outsold the second best-selling game of the week, FIFA 19, almost eight times over
    - Outsold Sonic's Racing ass's first week sales more than four times over

[​IMG]

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup, saw that coming.

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    France
    Learning how to fucking draw
    I mean it was inevitable. Oh well, at least they managed to release TSR before CTR. If they did it the other way around, TSR probably would've bombed hard.

6. Beltway

Beltway

Temptive Bongwater, Sealed in Can Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    college courses / anime trash crusader
    To touch back on that "should Sonic go on hiatus?" bit when discussing TSR's sales, I remembered that we went through this gauntlet in the immediate wake of Forces' release:

Meanwhile, I can't say my personal thoughts from back then have changed much.

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    More content and it would have stood a chance. For the same price, CTR has 31 tracks and 26 customizable characters, compared to TSR's 21 and 15, respectively. For fuck's sake the five Grand Prixs in the game REPEAT TRACKS. It's just not enough. Since there were no DLC plans for TSR, I wonder if this will change their mind, or abandon the game.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    And what I don't understand is that they didnt have to repeat tracks in the grand prix mode but they refuse to use the final fortress tracks. Honestly not sure why they didnt just make the grand prix 3 levels each and just have you play the tracks of the same theme.

Oh also CTR has extra modes outside of just racing where as TSR does not (TSR does have extra modes but for some reason they're restricted to only Adventure mode and only to a handful of levels. They could have maybe added some online component to those modes but nope, missed opportunity).

9. Graxer

Graxer

Member Member
    My switch version updated to 1.0.3 today when I went to open it. Does anyone have any idea what changes have been made as I can't see any mention of the update online.