don't click here

Tails playable in Sonic Next?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nikki, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki

Nikki

sonic-cult.net Member
    Copy pasta from Cult http://forums.sonic-cult.org/index.php?showtopic=1552

My thoughts - WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Good. I liked Tails. Knuckles would be fine too without the searching for shit. Get rid of Shadow and everyone else besides Sonic Knuckles and Tails and we'll talk.

3. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Oh god YES.

I'll definately pick up next-gen now. Even just for Tails. =P

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Awesome.

I always hated how he was in the mech in SA2, and Heroes sucked. Hopefully he will be able to fly longer then in SA1...

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I love Tails... but this game is slowly being ruined for me. Why make everybody playable? Why is it necessarry? They're bloating the game up so bad that I won't want to play it anymore - it'll end up like another SA2; I'll be stuck playing missions I have no interest in to beat the game. =(

Then again, "Tails stages" have already been briefly mentioned by Nakamura and co... Maybe I shouldn't be so suprised. Used in THAT context, I actually kinda like Tails being in the game (using him through certain paths to aid Sonic -- true classic style).

EDIT: I forgot to mention... he looks wonderful! That's the best Tails I've ever seen, hands down. ;)

6. Robjoe

Robjoe

Oh thank god, I was worried that Sonic'd be the ONLY fun character to play as. Now, I might even buy an Xbox 360 if they were to remove Shadow/Silver (Silver could stick around as a plot tool, though) and replace them with Knuckles and Tails. Alas, it's too late in the games development to remove major characters, though. =\

7. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    I knew tails and maybe knuckles would come in sooner or later, the sonic games will feel empty "again" with out them, but is it just me or does that level look like Emerald Coast out of SA1 like with the lighthouse and beach and stuff?

Ah well...

See you!

8. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    This game is becoming more and more Awesome to me.

Unlike many others, I see nothing bad about it. SA2+ is fine in my eyes, if it turns out that way. The Adventure field is what the game left out.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Yeah, it does - It's called "Wave Ocean," and was intentionally made to mimic Emerald Coast.

10. Shade

Shade

Emerald Coast remake OMG <33333

JOYGASM

11. TeRaByTe88

TeRaByTe88

Pending Member
    ah this is nice... see SA1 & 2 were nice but as people have been saying, the number of characters playable just totally killed the games completely. Personally, I think that Sonic is a game that is meant to be very easy as far as level structure, and non complex... the thing I think with Sonic is, get rid of the world hubs and cutscenes and random battles and have the levels structured like the old sonic games, a series of zones with 2 or 3 acts, with a mini boss after each act. also maybe SEGA should consider releasing a 2-D Sonic for a next gen console as well, and nothing like Sonic advance with pulleys and high speed blaster things on the ground, just running around hitting monitors and fighting eggman like in the old days...

12. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    See, now, if they keep Tails as a playable character, ditch the other two hedgehogs, and add Knuckles as a playable character, I'll buy it.

Shadow =(

13. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    As long as they do it right, as opposed to "Well, there's Sonic, and everybody else is either tacked on to his story or a clone" like they did in Adventure, they can have ANYONE (even Metal Sonic) playable. See Star Fox Command for (in my opinion) an example where multiple characters can be decently integrated intoa storyline.

On the other hand, if Sonic's storyline is pure awesome, and the others are tacked on, then >;) on them.

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I myself, don't care much about characters and story, I only care if its a fun game to play. Sonic Nextgen looks pretty good now that Tails is in it. :P

15. Nicholas Onimura

Nicholas Onimura

Lurker Member
    Awesome. :D Now if they could add Knuckles (but kep the other 'hogs in. The whole board is gonna hate me for this), then I'll buy an Xbox 360 and this game. ;)

16. Vangar

Vangar

[​IMG]

Sonic adventure.... I hate recycles.

17. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    Smells like SA1. Ah, the good days...

I'm excited now. Tails looks awesome.

18. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Don't touch me there.

19. Shade

Shade

Those rings look incredibly fake and shopped.

Am I crazy or..? Cus like. I want this to be real. Badly.

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    It's real. I've seen several other shots. They're getting away with not being accused of recycling levels by calling it something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.