don't click here

SXSW Gaming 2019: Gotta Go Fast Sonic Panel. March 16.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Mar 12, 2019.

1. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    [​IMG]

So given we're just shy of three days out from this thought we could do with a dedicated thread.

https://schedule.sxsw.com/2019/events/PP102317

Speakers: Jasmin Hernandez (SEGA of America), Takashi Iizuka (SEGA of America), Jun Senoue (SEGA) and Aaron Webber (SEGA of America).

Livestream: https://www.twitch.tv/sxswgaming

Date: Saturday March 16.

Times: 1PM CDT. 2PM EDT. 11AM PDT. (America). 6PM GMT (UK). 7PM CET (Europe).

Duration: 60 minutes.

So we can expect an announcement or two as the press info indicates. Aaron has indicated there'll be more on Team Sonic Racing. Outside of that what could be announced is anyone's guess. Does Jun Senoue being there mean something Sonic Adventure related? Could we find out that a new Sonic game is coming from Christian and the ex-Mania team's new studio Evening Star? Will the teaser trailer for the Sonic movie be shown? Whatever's next for Sonic we'll find out here.

Whilst it's probably best to temper expectations - every SXSW event Sega has ever done has had some cool announcements so the same should happen here.

2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    They will announce yet another musical piece for Team Racing.

3. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Whilst it's important not to get too hyped to avoid being let down, remember that last year we got Mania Plus, Adventures and the teaser for Team Sonic Racing. So two announcements on par with those is a reasonable expectation. Also them saying "2019 and beyond" makes me think whatever game is coming in that timeframe we're going to see it here - even if it's just a teaser.

I will say probably don't expect anything major from Sonic Team given they're known to be working on a new IP. If we are getting a new Sonic game - it'll be from another studio.

4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    With the way they handled communication with Forces, Mania and TSR, I can't say I'm really hyped for this event.

We're probably gonna get an announcement of an announcement, or a 30 seconds teaser at best. Certainly no gameplay from anything new.
    I hope they have some TSR footage though, since this game was supposed to come out like three months ago.

5. 360

United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Yeah we may need to temper expectations compared to last year. Probably best not to get too hyped. Personally I'm hoping for a collaboration with Evening Star given that if that's happening at all it'll be near definitely announced here. Not expecting anything from Sonic Team as they're not working on Sonic for the moment.

Very interested to see what's announced - but my expectations are quite low also.

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Fan interactions are always fun to watch, but honestly? Catch up on Team Sonic Racing news. Bosses, unlockables, DLC, tell me every spoiler! Big announcements can wait until the next event.

7. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Reasonable expectations: News on TSR, couple jokes how it sounds like Crash Team Racing, Q&A type stuff, news on the next mainline Sonic game

Unreasonable expectations: Big's Fishing Adventure 4: The Revenge, Mike Pollock and Jim Carrey show up unannounced in full Robotnik garb then fight Iron Chef style by making Scrambled Eggs, Shadow the Hedgehog 2 announced.

Either way, it'll be fun.

8. Pengi

Pengi

I'm expecting an official announcement of the upcoming animated series, especially since Jasmin Hernandez is there.

I'll be thrilled if they announce a Sonic Mania sequel developed by Evening Star. If they do, then a playable Amy Rose is practically a shoo-in, and I imagine they'll use that to build hype.

9. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  10. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    I wouldn't get your hopes up for seeing any of this at SXSW - he literally says in the tweet that he won't have the chance to look at it until the SXSW rush is over. Here's hoping they'll let him share anything interesting as and when he's been able to dig through it all, though!

11. RDNexus

RDNexus

I for sure would love to see whatever potential findings could be among that treasure trove...

12. Jason

Jason

That's what I get for reading a tweet as I wake up :specialed:.

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Wonder if we'll get anything on SEGA AGES Sonic 2, since M2 are supposedly looking into stuff Naka wanted in the game originally.

14. RDNexus

RDNexus

Does anyone know the exact time of the Sonic Panel?
    So I could try to follow potential news as they come...

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Google is a thing...
    https://schedule.sxsw.com/2019/events/PP102317

1300 - 1400 CDT. That's UTC -5, so 1800 to 1900 in UTC/GMT.

16. RDNexus

RDNexus

I tried, but failed miserably. Still, thanks for the intel.

17. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Last call for making predictions.

Come on Amy as a playable character in Sonic Mania and/or a sequel.

18. Fadaway

Fadaway

Predictions? Teaser for movie.

19. Jason

Jason

Scripted laughters.

Final Egg Act 2 remix is nice.

The frame rate looks rough, still.

20. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

The car customization looks nice. First thing in TSR that is interesting.