don't click here

Super Sonic in 2 Player mode

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Zephyr, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Anyone else know you could do this? I just accidentally figured it out. Considering there are plenty of hackers here I assume this is well known.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Yeah, I think a lot of people already found this back around when Sonic 2 was released. You can also hit a teleport monitor to get Super Tails.

3. Lord Kanti

Lord Kanti

Edit: Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

4. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It's news to me, though I figured out how to do it as soon as I heard about it. Me and my brother always played co-op.

5. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    I used to do all sorts of shit in 2P mode. Debug, and set extra traps for Tails to go through your very own 'hard mode' whilst you waited by the signpost (though not so close as to enforce the timer).

Although I just thought of an alternate play mode; Super Sonic vs Tails -- except Super Sonic (who starts with 50 rings) can't collect regular rings, only those in item boxes. And dies instead of turning to normal Sonic. Not sure how balanced this would be though; on EHZ it'd be a 'win button' for sure. Though MCZ might be a better balance.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Yeah and he doesn't lose rings, while Sonic is still yellow and loses rings.

7. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    ...Unless if you set two teleport boxes one beside the other, and hit the two of them at the same time, then you get Super Sonic with normal powers (and stars around him) AND Super Tails! Alternately, you can set one box, make Super Tails and, right after (since you are with Debug mode, this is no problem at all), lose all your rings, and then, rapidly place 50 rings in the screen in order to transform back to Super Sonic.

I used to do this a lot when I was a kid. The difference is that I didn't know about the existence of the Debug Mode.

8. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I used to do it all the time. Was fun XD

9. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I've yet to fuck around with debug in 2P mode, but now I just have to.

10. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Hey, could someone explain what the method is for those of us who don't know what you guys are talking about? Google knows nothing. Thank you!

11. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Go to options, put in the cheat codes (for Super Sonic and/or Debug), start up 2p mode, as Sonic get 50 rings, jump, and go nuts. Hit a teleportation monitor to transfer Super Sonic's abilities to Tails. Sonic still keeps his appearance and still loses rings, while Tails is permanently (well, until another monitor is hit) fast and invincible with no ring depletion.

12. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    For some reason, going to 2P mode kills the Super Sonic code for me

Unless you all mean Co-op and not vs

13. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I'm talking about vs mode.

If you don't want to reset you could always play through the game and watch the credits or just get a game over.

14. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    or, you know, press Start + A =P

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Bonus addition - lose all your rings so you go back to regular Sonic, Tails still has abilities. Go Super AGAIN and you're both super fast and invincible =P

16. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    If you can do it before Tails wins...

17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Oh, I actually didn't see the 2P reference. I always did it in 1P mode.

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I used to do this trick all the time and fuck over my friends while playing 2p vs. Oh the memories...

Too bad the graphics are garbled as super sonic.

19. Mobiethian

Mobiethian

Oldbie
    Wow, something new that I learned about the game. I can't wait to try it out!

20. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    For slags and giggles, one ought to make the invincibility stars blue, then when both the characters go super, Tails has a nice starry yellow aura like the modern games.

I might have to do that for kicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.