don't click here

Summer of Sonic 2012

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overlord, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I shall be getting into Brighton at around 8-ish on Saturday; keep your mobile on silent/vibrate Nik, if it wakes you, as I'll text when I get in to meet up at the queue later or breakfast or something.

I'll be bringing the laptop, the 3DS and the usual selection of games, so.. yeah. See you all tomorrow. :U

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm in a hotel bar on wifi =P This tablet is proving rather useful! Anyone in town tonight at all? Will prob get tea at about 6 if I've not heard anything by then.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  4. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Marked, thanks for the heads up. This place is much further from my hotel, which is annoying =P

5. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Haha, this means I'm only 4 minutes away from the venue now as opposed to 20 minutes =P No complaints from me! I'm really impressed that they managed to find another suitable venue at such short notice, I hate to think what would have happened if not.

6. Nova

Nova

Excellent, the bus goes right past the venue so I'm sorted. :D Saves a nasty walk!

I'm meeting up with my friend Joseph first so I will probably see you all inside tomorrow!

7. Orengefox

Orengefox

Snooping as usual... Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    I'll be bringing the usual NDS and N3DS games. This includes the usual Pokemon Distribute game so be sure to bring your G/S remake games folks. I'll also be bringing with me a few other suprises. You'll see when you get there =P

Jen and I are all sorted now. Time to make tracks so off we go. See you all at SoS =D

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I expect many photos of you Retro faithful and others!

Just remember to photoshop OL's head out when necessary and replace it with a giant =P. His face must never leak in a clear form to the Internets.

9. Apologies, I'm working this Sunday as such no can do. Another time perhaps. Have fun guys!

10. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Hey guys, youtube can't quite decode the video format properly, so it's not the best quality, but sound isn't too bad.
    I had a lot of fun. Also, had a lot of fun smoking with Nova. =P

11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Hey Psychosk8r! I loved your guitar skill up there, great job man!! You're making true the dream of lots of people...or at least, mine. Always dreamt of playin' with Jun!

12. Nova

Nova

Yeah man, you did absolutely brilliantly. You have something to look back on fondly for the rest of your life, dude! :D

Also, the smoke breaks were very much appreciated and enjoyed. :thumbsup: Roll on 2013!

13. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Well that was fun, wasn't it? =P Writeup coming sometime later today, most likely.

14. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Found a higher quality video of my performance. If you guys see any better quality videos, could you link them for me? I want the best possible version to look back on. :v:

Nova, thank you man. Also, the pleasure was all mine, it was good to have your company while smoking. =P

15. Nova

Nova

Excellent video considering how awful mine is. =P I would post mine but there's just no point, you can just about make out the central Metal Harbor riff and that's it. xD

If there's going to be a SoS 2013, I'll make sure that I pack in some decent smokes too - double the breaks! :D

16. Falk

Falk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlgwKdvG0jM&feature=related#t=13m15s

Different angle for what it's worth.

edit: forced URL for timestamping.

17. Wow you all had a blast this year. Man this is the only reason why I wished I was in the UK XD

18. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/07/sos-2012-the-seaside-edition/

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sounded real fun.

20. Nova

Nova

Great write-up as usual Overlord; so much so in fact, I feel even less inclined to do one now. You've just about summed up all the best bits.

Anyone still doubtful as to whether or not to try SoS out, seriously, could this year give you any more reasons to go for it? Yes, sure, some people act like complete tools and just don't seem to have any form of inhibition or self-control whatsoever, but if you can get past that, it's seriously a great way to meet new people and friends alike. OL's post may be a great snapshot of a day filled with excellence, but nothing actually quite conveys just how personal, yet huge, this show can be. As I've mentioned before, Stiv convinced me to go way back in 2008 (when I was at my most jaded, arguably) and I haven't looked back since. I wouldn't say my love of the series has been entirely rekindled - I don't think that's ever going to happen now, but in terms of bringing myself back into the fold, well, nothing gets me more excited and active each year than this event.

Let's increase the Retro UK crowd next year! :thumbsup: