don't click here

Streets of Rage 4

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Jason, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I know DLC wouldn't have been likely without it, but I wish the physical version came out after the DLC was finished. Either way, I'll probably get it.

2. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I kept meaning to buy the retail version, hopefully they do what they did with mania and make newer retail prints come with the dlc or at least an up to date patch with the free content being added on cart.

*edit* for what I understand there's a sonic mania vanilla retail, a plus retail, and now a plus digital code in box being the newest version on shelves.

4. Xilla

Xilla

Max revealed.

• Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Sweet! Now I just can't wait to see Shiva in action.

6. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Surprising nobody, Shiva is the last playable character to be added as part of the DLC. Estel, Max and Shiva is exactly what I'd hoped for based on the silhouettes, so I'm completely fine with this and can't wait to take to the streets with the three new additions. Here's hoping a release date will be the next announcement...!

• List
  7. Xilla

Xilla

So Shiva can't hold weapons again huh?

Nice to know he wont be affected by that bloody pickup bug that's survived MULTIPLE patches despite it being pointed out within minutes of the game launching!

8. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    It looks like he doesn't use weapons traditionally, but the trailer shows him picking up a mop and immediately throwing it near the end.

9. Xilla

Xilla

Yeah that's the way Mr X used weapons in Remake...

10. Xilla

Xilla

Bit of gameplay from the 3 DLC characters:

Can't help but notice Max's pipe swing doesn't have the range to hit enemies standing behind him, as it should....

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I like how each character is played on the same stage where they are also the boss, but the footage stops just short of them reaching the boss room. Makes me wonder if they have something special planned for those scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    DLC is out in two weeks

• Like Like x 3
    • List
  13. Xilla

Xilla

As is tradition...

[​IMG]

Will definitely be buying it for the three extra characters, but Survival Mode....I dunno. The more I see of it, the more I think it looks like a bit of a mess.

Theres also a balance patch coming with this update. Hopefully they toned down that horrible section that got added to Round 12 in the previous patch.

14. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Heads up for anyone who still hasn't bought this game - Merge Games has announced an "Anniversary Edition" physical release, containing the game with the DLC on-disc/cart, with cover art showing the Mr. X Nightmare promo art. The announcement only showed a US box, so no idea if it's coming to other regions. From memory, I believe it may only be coming to PS4 and Switch too.

• List
  15. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    DLC is technically out now, though there's an issue preventing Switch users from getting it for some reason; the accompanying update is live and you can select to purchase the DLC from the in-game menu, but it seems the eShop page hasn't gone live on schedule so you can't actually get it yet. Apparently they're aware and trying to get it sorted ASAP. All other platforms should now have it available as planned.

16. Xilla

Xilla

Played a bit of it. Liking Shiva alot.

Also......

Victy/Roo from 3 has been added, selectable via cheat code!

17. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    You still fight the same boss character, but they are in a translucent color palette

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Switch DLC is still not available yet lmao

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That's on Nintendo. The same day that it came out was the same day Nintendo did...something...to every single piece of DLC on the eShop.

20. Xilla

Xilla

Did a full arcade run as Max last night. I REALLY wish they'd fix that sodding Legacy Mode pickup glitch that was pretty much reported within minutes of the game launching on PSN.

Falls on deaf ears everytime though.