don't click here

Strange...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by stormislandgal, Jul 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    [​IMG]

I don't remember seeing any of this stuff. Not in any level, or on any site. The first set appears to be some spindash type thing. The second appears to be, well, Sonic being squished, then returning to normal. The third looks like the classic dieing frame. I checked through gameplay and didn't find that anywhere. This is possibly old, but I dunno.

Discuss.

2. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    The far right is part of the death animation.

The next-to-right stuff is from some bit in there, where Sonic is squashed but not killed from whatever I think.

Far left looks to be Spin Dash stuff for Egg Rocket 2 and its reverse gravity.

Any/all of these might be wrong, but that's what they look like =P

3. Snobo

Snobo

Pending Member
    USA
    Wow, nice find, I don't think I've seen some of those.

4. Gibbo

Gibbo

Eggman, Deserving a Game since 1991. Member
    Ellesmere Port, UK
    Learning how to use Game Maker
    I think I've saw the Death sprite and spindash before, but not the getting squished. Also there's an different Palette. nice Find.

5. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    I would've thought the GBA could resize sprites, so there would be no need for extra sprites to be drawn.

6. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    The death frame wasn't anywhere near the other death frames, so that's why I brought that one up. The other two I'm still stumped on.

Oh yeah, about the different pallete, I just editted the palette used by TLP to reflect the palette I used in my old hack. In my opinion, It looks better than pastel yellow skin.

7. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Simplier coded or just speed (even though the first makes more sense since the resizing is made exclusively by the VDP) may be the reasons for it. Who knows, maybe they implemented the engine in a way that player can't be resized.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    All wrong.

Nice finds! I was wondering if they had ever implemented a classic death frame myself instead of the "Castle of Illusion-esque" animation, since the normal death and drowning animations are the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.