*Spilled* Next-Gen Sonic details

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Fred, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikki

Nikki

sonic-cult.net Member
    lol since no one checked out the E3 one, I'll just post this tidbit in here:

'Saz called with another note -

He played the PS3 version of next gen, and while it looks much PRETTIER, it runs considerably slower than the XB360 version.'

2. Shade

Shade

as of now :P

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Personally, I don't think it matters what version is faster or prettier. Since it is the same basic game, it doesn't really matter.

I hope that the speed of the game won't make the game really hard, such as falling off cliffs because you can't control Sonic well. That shouldn't really happen though... I hope.

4. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    What are you talking about? Having differences even if it is the same game, is important to review before buying the game. It's like how the GCN version of Sonic Heroes is better because it has less bugs IMO. Well, would you rather have a game with more bugs or less bugs?

5. Shade

Shade

Exactly. There are DRASTIC differences between the PS2 and GC versions of Heroes and Shadow, and I mean drastic. The PS2 versions suffer from rough graphics, diluted sound, long loads, and speed cut in about half. What version you get could alter the experience greatly. That's why I am going to choose carefully, and wait and see as develoipment progresses.

6. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    In my case, it's a clash of my hatred of Microsoft with my loyalty to Sega. Thusly, I will wind up using the PS3 version—There's not much I like that's on the XBOX 360 anyway. However, with the old triple-platform choice, it was far more viable a decision, as there were three, rather than two, choices. Whereas it appears to not be very clear-cut between PS3 and XBOX 360.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I suppose that is true. But I'm mainly talking about versions with little differences. I understand the viewpoint with Sonic Heroes and understand that the PS2 version was lacking, although I thought that Shadow was pretty close on all three systems (I might be thinking of Sonic Riders though).

Basically, since I own a 360, I'm not gonna care too much since I don't want to blow off hundreds of dollars for a PS3 just to play one game with some slight differences, but even with graphical and speed differences, the game can still be enjoyable on all systems, although maybe not as much on some.

8. Shade

Shade

Indeed. Time will tell.

As for Shadow: No. The game was horrid on PS2, trust me. You are thinking Riders; from what I hear it is pretty much the same across the board (no pun intended).

9. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Yeah, Heran Bago likes *Cough*Cocknthefayce*Cough* Erm, the Ps2 version of Sonic Riders.

10. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    If it's prettier on PS3, but runs better on the XB360, it should be an obvious choice.

11. Shade

Shade

Again, it still has more development to go through. That could change with time.

12. Fred

Fred

Formerly known as 'Neo' Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/sonicthe...utoplay=6150248

Trailer at the top.

I knew it was too good to be true. How the hell is a guy supposed to make all those jumps during his first time around?

Silver's gameplay looks sweet, though =P

http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=sonicnext

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Fuck yes. <3

14. Shade

Shade

Adventure fields are back babayyy! (Yes, I was one of the four who actually loved and missed them) Man, this game is going to kick so much ass; I'm psyched.

15. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I guess that makes me the second of four >_>

16. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Am I the third?

17. TonicBH

TonicBH

more like Tonic enby Oldbie
    Did I suddenly walk into bizarro world? Because people are anticipating this game, when I see as "Sonic Adventure 3 with crap characters and a plotline that's very worn-out".

Maybe I'm too jaded and refuse to move on...

18. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    yaya, fourth fan of adventure fields...

Still, I highly anticipate this.

19. Ooh, Shade, you miscalculated, becasue I make number five. :lol:

"Silver," huh? I suppose the Sonic series was never known for creative naming...

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Texas
    lol
    I don't see what everyone's so psyched about. From what I read about at Joystiq, the only thing that makes the game special is that it looks very pretty.

That and they were fapping over the homing attack for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.