*Spilled* Next-Gen Sonic details

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Fred, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazer

Blazer

The screenshots look awesome. And I will wait to know more about the story to comment about it. However, I only hope that the games don't start using princess, kings and kingdoms like SatAM and the Archie Comics <_<

Yes. But wanna hear something strange? I've been a Sonic fan since the years that I played the Genesis Sonic games, many years before playing any Adventure game. And the 2d games are still my favorite Sonic games ever created. I guess that it makes me a "classic Sonic fan". But still I loved SA2, and most of the next-gen Sonic games. So I'm the proof that exists the possibility of Sonic fans who love both types of Sonic games.

:shocked: And it did take you that many years to get "sick of most of the reasonless bullcrap"?

*cough*opinion*cough*

I agree. One thing that I loved about the Sonic games is how many of them tend to continue storylines from previous Sonic games. I loved how in S3&K, instead of the story being about a new creation of Robotniks, was about his attempts to rebuild the Death Egg. I loved how Sonic Heroes leaves many thing unresolved. I loved how the Sonic Battle story was linked to the SA2 story because of Gerald Robotnik. I even loved how Emerl returned in SAdv3 as Gemerl. And it looks to me like will solve all the loose ends in the Sonic storyline. Even in these day, is hard to find games that actually use story arcs like Sonic does.

However I have some things to point:
    1.The mural that we saw in SA1 wasn't the one of S3&K, but one about Chaos.
    2.I always assumed that the reason because Shadow can use the emeralds as Sonic is that Gerald and his other creators studied the Chaos Emeralds, and gave him the ability to use them. However your theory makes sense. Maybe this game will finally explain everything about the Chaos Emeralds, and Shadow will be there because he can use them like Sonic.
    3.Knuckles and Tails being able to use the emeralds as in S3&K makes sense because: You can clearly see that Knuckles's transformation isn't as powerful as Super Sonic, as his color doesn't changes, his appearances is stills the same except for the fact that if shines, and he doesn't gain the ability to levitate as Sonic. You would say that this transformation is incomplete, and Knux isn't able to use all the power of the emeralds as Sonic. And Tails only can use the Super Emeralds to transform (meaning that he need more energy that Sonic or Knuckles), and still his transformation seems incomplete as Super Knuckles.

2. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    Plus, Super Emeralds aren't really canon.

3. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

On the whole "roots" thing, I honestly wish Sega hadn't said that. because the type of people who want the return to Sonic's 'roots' are generally (From what I have seen) the people who will complain about the game anyway. I'd rather they appeal to the group who doesn't endlessly complain about everything they don't like in a game, from characters to cameras to glitches and so on.

4. Shade

Shade

Says who? Also, when you go into the past in SA, take a look at those emeralds on the pillars surrounding the Master Emerald shrine; they look identical to the Super Emeralds, as opposed to the octagonal "chaos emerals". I'd go so far as to say the "Super Emeralds" are the true emeralds; or true forms of them. In fact, all emeralds since SA have used that design.

5. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    They're still called Chaos Emeralds. And they look like the old ones from the top. =P

6. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Yeah, the original Chaos Emerald design has always been an overhead view. Some "unofficial" games, however, have misconstrued this design (read: Sonic 3D) and made alternate, incorrect designs for the emeralds.

The Super Emeralds, by all means are the same shape as the Chaos Emeralds. Just a hell of a lot bigger. =P

7. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

The old Fleetway Sonic Comics tried to resolve the issue of the Super Emeralds even before SA1, having the emeralds merged.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Misfit
    Well remember that while getting the Super Emeralds is considered the "true" ending, the more common ending involves completing the game without. The way I figure, the change in perspective on the view of the emeralds was for the better -- it works out for people who either the "true" ending or the normal one.

9. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Almost everyone I have heard from says that the Sonic Advance games are horrible. I liked Sonic Advance 1 & 2, and though Sonic Advance 3 was a waste of time.

10. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    XBox Live Trailer available now @
    www.sonic-online.net

Enjoy. :/

11. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    You have *spilled* the trailer! *killed*

BTW, screenshots and a torrent here: http://www.xboxyde.com/news_2888_en.html

12. Shade

Shade

The Sonic Advance games are well worth owning, if you ask me. Awesome little homages to the Megadrive games (especially the first one).

13. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

OMG! Teh Genocide City!!

;)

Looks interesting, but also looks quite a lot like all the other 3D sonic games, IMO. Where'd all the Badnik's go?

Wasn't there a rumour of a Revolution(wii) specific Sonic game? What happened to that? Or will that pop up tomorrow?

14. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

I double posted! But it's relevant, new information, so that's ok, isn't it??? <shrugs>

Aw well..
    Sonic Wild Fire
    THIS one (for Revolution Wii) is our "Sonic's on his own, honest!" one..

The Press Release features a picture of Sonic holding his Wii.

15. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Rofl, did Naka ever say specifically that the Sonic Next one was going to be back to the roots, or did he just say "We're bringing Sonic back to his roots" regarding new generation games in general?

16. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    [​IMG]

Definitely an improvement. :P

17. Shade

Shade

I, for one, like it. That goes for pretty much everything else I am seeing, too. It'll be a long wait.

18. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    I think that, as for the new Robotnik design being thinner, he's not necessarily thinner, but he's more realistically proportioned—I.e., his fat's only coming out of his stomach rather than out of everywhere at once. I, too, like the design.
    The thoughts of needing to rescue a human shouldn't be that much to get used to—after all, humans (or, at least, a human or two at a time) have almost always been the villains in Sonic games. If they can be bad, why can't they be good?

19. Shade

Shade

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/sonicth...15&page=1&q=&q=

<333

20. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    God yes, multiple path's again.

I just hope they don't decide to remake this game during the week before release...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.