don't click here

*Spilled* Next-Gen Sonic details

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Fred, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaiser

Kaiser

I like lurking Member
    Canada
    The day they kill off all the lame characters they've been adding to the Sonic universe.

2. This game receives in instant "FAIL" in my opinion if they have actually "aged" Sonic. I just like Sonic as he is.

3. Shade

Shade

I'll agree with the aging thing. Sonic is (or should be) a timeless character, and does not need "aging". Kinda like James Bond; 40 years and the fucker hasn't aged a bit. In fact, he looks younger every actor :P However, I do not feel that this model approaches shark jumping design just yet. In fact, I think it looks pretty damn cool.

4. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I'm not so sure if it's aging or merely making Sonic look bigger,

As for the game, for once I'm open to new ideas, as I've been bored with the current generation, and continue to wish the original generation had never ended in the first place.

5. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

Now, I think this looks like a pretty decent game, but what I'm still wondering, is WHY HAVEN'T THEY MADE S3K IN 3D YET?...sorry, couldn't resist. Capcom's done something like that.

6. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Those aren't 3D, they're "2.25D", just like Sonic Rush or Yoshi's Story. By that I mean it's 3D graphics on 2D levels, as opposed to truw 2.5D, which actually involves a bent 2D character plane on twisting 3D areas, like Mega Man X8 or Kirby 64.

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Because that's a Capcom thing and not a Sega thing.

Sega re-releases the game game over and over again instead, which is rather boring. I want a hi-fi version of the doomsday zone w/some remixing in it, dang it!

(Wrapped in Black is good but not close enough.)

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Hmm. Let me sum up a large portion of this discussion.

"whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine"

I don't know about you guys, but I tend to wait for more than screenshots and vague story details before an opinion on a game.

9. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    So in a sense you just contradicted yourself by bitching... about the bitching.

10. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Metabitching. Like metablogging.

11. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Copy-pasted from my post over at CulT:
    Make of this what you will. =P

12. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Edited the original post with details from Gamespy and 1-Up. Also contracted the quotes somewhat and marked relevant content with bold text.

13. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Oh, sweet Christ, not another one. Are they taking inspiration from the hacks we make now or something?

14. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    If the "PC" is true, then I'll be very happy indeed :( . Unfortunately the other hedgehogs give me a horrible feeling that the final boss will be a SUPARR SONIK TRIO!11 power of teamwork type thing. Let's hope Sega has the balls to ditch some of the dodgy cliches created in the previous 3D games.

15. Shade

Shade

I only have one question: What the fuck is Shadow doing in this? Oh well. As long as they keep the gameplay focused on running and good level design, I can definitley tolerate it. Still, back to the roots my ass.

16. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    "No, it's just SONIC this time." -Yuji Naka

17. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Hopefully it'll just be playing as Sonic, and have Shadow and that weird white Jet/Shadow hybrid as plot devices.

18. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    At this point we can very easily say that the "Back to the roots" thing didn't happen. Oh well, move on with your lives people, it's a video game.

ANYWAY.

Shadow had seemingly no reason to do what he was going to do when advertisements for ShTH came out, but once you play the game it all clicks together REAL nice (as well as loose ends from SA2 and SHeroes).

I have faith in their storytelling ability with this. Besides. I'd rather have high hopes and try it, then find it horrible than be bitter about it and never buy a potentially awesome game.

You people are way too pessimistic nowadays.

19. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    I won't take that picture any more seriously than I can throw it. Not so much for being a super-skeptic, but because at this point, Shadow doesn't appear to have any purpose in the storyline, and just because Shadow is in one picture doesn't throw away the new premise.

I will only believe they threw out the premise of retooling stuff if they start bringing in entirely extra or useless characters (like before) and attempt (in a poor fashion) to make them playable characters, like they did in the last... four games? (Yes, I count characters who yell at you as yet another way to attempt to get side-characters into the action when they don't really belong there)

20. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    Shadow? But I thought...Oh, nevermind. I guess I'll have to get used to him one of these days.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of online race mode, although all 360 games have Live support, even if they only support leaderboards or Achievements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.