*Spilled* Next-Gen Sonic details

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Fred, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred

Fred

Formerly known as 'Neo' Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Giant hedgehogs, princesses, and an Ibliss Trigger
    http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/704/704896p1.html

Large Kingdom Valley of Soleanna at Mach speed
    http://uk.ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-3/so...n/704694p1.html

Sonic goes online?
    http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3150299

A Silver Drop
    http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?game=sonicnext

Media
    http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/action/sonicthe...utoplay=6150248
    Trailers depicting the three characters' gameplay, the storyline and both the Town and Action Stages.

2. OMG, you've *spilled* the details!

3. Rosiero

Rosiero

Oldbie
    I hate inside jokes.

4. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Sounds new and interesting. This seems to lend salt to the idea they've scrapped the previous generation's stuff, as the White Hedgehog they speak of appears to directly contradict Shadow's position. Which could be good, or bad; I mean, if they put sufficient character into these new ones, then things get interesting.

It reminds me somewhat of Archie's old interpretation, however a compromise between that and the consoles. But whether or not it turns out to be an RPG with Sonic-Adventure action tacked on or something totally new will have to be seen.

I'm happy to see Eggman has decided to start playing serious; heck, he's already apparently won at least once in that idea. Let's see if they bother to keep any other old characters, eh?

5. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Misfit
    Great... now Sonic's rescuing princess <s>Peach</s> Elise.

*dismayed at plot formula*

6. I hate seafood, but you don't see me blabbing about it. :P

*runs*

Edit: Grammar fix.

7. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Hmm... Shall be very interesting. I'll pick it up in a few years. =P

Hmm... Notice that IGN remembered Sonic and Tails' infatuation with chili-dogs. God I miss that show...

8. If Tails loved chili dogs so much, I'm surprised he wasn't in the bathroom all the freakin' time.

9. Shade

Shade

I do believe IGN is smoking something; all the screenshots and videos I've seen don't have Sonic looking 5 foot-somehting. He looks just the slightest bit lankier than his SA2 model. To be honest, I'm liking it. He doesn't look human to me.

Anyway, this game is looking kick-freaking-ass.

However, I'm a bit dismayed to learn they are throwing yet another Sonic rival clone guy. Hmm, a hedgehog that looks like Sonic, and is a potential rival; that's never been done before! (lol ya rite)

10. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Good job Sonic Team, adding more shitty characters to the fray.

Oh, and mostly tl;dr really.

11. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    Oh yes! They responded to my email. I told them "I hate HEY EVERYONE I AM A COMPLETE ASSHOLE PLEASE MOCK ME hedgehogs. Nobody likes black! I want me a WHITE HEDGEHOG! WHITE POWER!" Awesome they totally listened to me! :P

12. Shade

Shade

I am coming to your house and bitch slapping you.

13. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Misfit
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Make sure you video tape that.

14. Robjoe

Robjoe

Hmm? A princess and another Sonic rip-off. Oh that sounds so awesome this will make me buy a PS3/Xbox 360. </sarcasm>

...But really, I don't like how that article sounded. The plot went straight down the drain. "Back to Sonic's roots" my ass. Lets just hope the gameplay makes up for it.

15. Shade

Shade

Actually, "Eggman kidnapping some kind of Princess in possesion of a power hoarding gem" is MUCH more classic than "Hoe bag government agents with Double D cups, X-files reject storylines involving immortal alien birthed hedgehogs and test tube shit".

16. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    If they really wanted to get back to sonic's roots they'd shit can every character except sonic and eggman. I personally wonder what S1 in 3D would be like.

17. Shade

Shade

Not very good :P Go play SA2's 3D Green Hill Zone, and tell me it felt just as awesome and ingenious as the 2D version. The thing is, a 3D remake has the potential to be awesome, but I've completely lost trust in Sonic Team to have the capability to make anything with "Sonic" and "3D" in the same sentence without mucking it up.

18. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    [​IMG]
    :no:

I'll give it a go, but after seeing badniks like that, I've pretty much given up hope.

19. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    Right, I keep forgetting they did that. They could always do it 3d platform style like Oddworld's first 2 games.

EDIT: Q, I don't know why, but when I see that pic I think StarWars Episode 1

20. Shade

Shade

I certaintly haven't given up hope, but I agree: WTF. No more eggpawns every other level, no more lame mechs every other level. Give us our varied animal badniks back plz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.