SonLVL

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MainMemory, Feb 7, 2011.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Every day's the same old thing... Same place, diff Tech Member
    SonLVL
    The reason SonLVL modifies all those files, by the way, is because it has no concept of which data has been edited by the user, so it has to save everything every time, and doing so often involves recompressing data, which produces different results than Sega's original compressors.

The disassembly has now been fixed, so if you're using Git, you can pull in the changes, or if not, you can manually patch it: https://github.com/sonicretro/skdisasm/commit/ae598f8aee501ea709a408103fd8397bed98e8b7

2. Chainspike

Chainspike

Stealing rings since 1994 Member
    Wow, that was fast, thank you both for looking into this. This isn't the first time that I've had problems with the sound driver. I've applied the fix and everything should be good to go now.

3. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Heya!, Am I missing something, or is there no way to export level map layouts with the Hex overlay as seen in the image below?

[​IMG]

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Every day's the same old thing... Same place, diff Tech Member
    SonLVL
    There is not. I'm not sure in what circumstance that would be useful.

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I'd use it as a guide for our project by opening it in photoshop and turning on grid to help split up the tiles visually. It's kinda hard to see the tiling hex when all the digits are clustered together in the editor. The text Feels hard to differentiate between where one set begins and or ends.

Also off topic , but when exporting with the transparent background feature ticked, it exports the collision tiles as transparent too if they are same color as background's color.