don't click here

soniNeko, my hack of Sonic 1

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by nineko, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STE

STE

Thank you, good sir. I don't go to SSRG often, thats why I didn't notice it.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I don't go to SSRG at all, but I've been told about that post on IRC yesterday.

That Selbi guy should just have asked me for the songs in the first place, as you all know I'm not an hoarder and I gave several of my songs to various people. But extracting stuff from another hack, being it songs, art, layouts, or anything else, is just plain wrong.

I appreciate, however, that Selbi apparently likes my songs :)

3. STE

STE

Doesn't everyone? =P

So, any updates coming up?

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    No, I'm not working on this anymore, I always stated that 1.1 was going to be the final release.

Unless someone is willing to make 18 new layouts for me, which is not going to happen.

5. STE

STE

Ah... I see. There must be something more to add to it... XP

6. Your video is total instant win, and I think I know why I failed at it.
    It's because the route I had to take to actually GET to the boss in time forced me to get to him with ZERO RINGS, which disallowed temporary invincibility which in turn.... well, you get it.
    Thanks for the video, I might try again.

7. Skaarg

Skaarg

Muzozavr, I don't think Nineko will get your post, or atleast be able to respond, since he's banned. :P

8. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    I'm actually interested in how this thread turns out. This is going to be fun. =P

9. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    lol what?

10. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    He'll be back. Bitch+Moan = ban = no where else to go, think I'll just stick to one topic = ah well, here already, I'm back = wah no one uses my music converter I think I'll just quit it = hey guys new version! = that's it I'm pissed for no reason and you guys are going down with me = this current leak of megamix just to purposely be banned. Honestly he was a crybaby to begin with. A guy that announced he has the intent of committing suicide as soon as his parents go gets to sympathy from me. The fact he even went through any efforts with his programming that converter or making this game just loses me if his life is so meaningless. Watch him come back now and say "I'll just stick to this one topic, just to keep you up to date on this hack". Then more version releases, and then suddenly the little baby bitch is forgiven again.

This probably isn't the sorta thing to go in this topic...maybe. But I felt like expressing what I've seen. Seriously, he's a prick :x

Unless no one goes the path I just took and start bashing him, because I just can( =P), I can see it being locked. Some fun that nineko. A ha.

Edit: Oh, and just out of curiosity, are any of the big wigs on this site with hacks gonna stop using his converter out of hate for him now? :p I mean, I just dunno how far the resentment towards him is at the moment so.....

11. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Uh, no? That would be stupid and counter-productive. It's a good tool, regardless of whether or not nineko is a good person. It should be used just as much as always.

12. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I haven't used XM2SMPS yet, but if I actually do go back into modding and whatnot, then I almost certainly will.

Might see what ProSonic uses.

13. OverKlockD

OverKlockD

sisce im pretty new here I'm going to be short. I've been following most of the hacks here since the beginning and I don't understand why anyone would get joy out of leaking a beta of a hack thats not even yours. (points to nineko). sorry man but truth be told. I was going to put this in the other thread but yeah lets not go intothat, I was and still am a huge fan of megamix, I even downloaded the 1.0 build from years ago when it was just a pallette and music hack. wow. so yeah, don't piss people off and ask stupid questions about shit that is 8 months old . they are still working on it and (hopefully) they will release it to the pubilc as soon as it is finished. But I doubt it. anyway sorry to fill this topic with offtipic stuff but the other thread is locked and I thought why not, after all nineko was the one who started this. Oh and btw, nineko has a place to go, THE SONIC CULT FORUMS *SHOT*.

14. Welcome. You win.

15. OverKlockD

OverKlockD

TY. Well to be honest it was just a rant (spelling mistakes and all). But I was just angry after seeing what happened in the megamix thread. BTW how many posts do I have left :S

16. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    I'm pretty sure that once, Saxman mentioned .ogg being a format that could be used. Whether that is a reality in this release he is making or not, I don't know, but I know that he said it once.

17. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    .ogg? Isn't that kind of an obscure format that'd just better off being converted to .mp3?

18. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Not really. In fact, every SquareEnix game released after Dirge of Cerberus has used .ogg for the music. This is because .ogg has a high quality sound for a lower size. Although MP3 could be used aswell, in ProSonic, as I can't remember everything.

19. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Yeah so. I love SoniNeko. Not all the music and palettes suit it, but I do like the fact that Sonic 1 is finally a challenge for me, with the new options. :v:

20. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    I can't wait until this comes out.

regardless of the fact that I'll have to go to CulT or SSRG to get his next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.