don't click here

SonicGDK 1.30.000

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Xaklse, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Toriano

Toriano

Superficial Member
    Space
    None
    Well,I don't necessarily have the coding skill to set something like that up,but I can possibly use it as a prop.
    The Bridge,however can be used.It have the correct collision and has been tested in UDK.The little building
    was a thought,but I need to learn a bit more in Zbrush,seeing that the Normals weren't extracted properly.

Ah.Don't worry Chimera.You'll of course get better as you work more with the program.
    : ) Trust me.Experience is great!

2. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    Its weird explaining, to be honest. SGDK feels more customized like it belongs closer to Ashura:DR while the Egg engine feels true to its roots. Plus, the egg engine is 2.5d only so the physics are really specifically catered to that. I like the modern gameplay and whatnot but I feel as though the egg engine can bring back the sonic that was really good before they decided to change the gameplay philosophy.

3. Toriano

Toriano

Superficial Member
    Space
    None
    Similar to the joy "New Super Mario Bros. Wii" brought us.I understand what you mean,definitely!Though,I don't mind the 2.5D aspect,I still,at times enjoy the concept of the newer games.There's a lot of versatility,as you stated and I really would like to take advantage of that.I like seeing things in a wide surrounding.Each time,I keep seeing sonic in a free-roaming environment where you,the player,can zoom through lush grass and even through a canyon that might trigger some flooding event.Then again,that's just me.It was probably this type of brainstorming that brought along the many different models
    of gameplay though.Again,when I saw the Egg Engine,I smiled...HARD!It was like a heaven knocked at my door,then tore it down.Oh yea,one of my most favorite series is the Sonic Advance one.It felt great honestly.It was sleek and stylish.When I saw SGDK,I flipped my lid and jumped into UDK.I love the
    implementations that are being created.I've even created concept designs of contraptions that would give a bit more significance to other characters...Getting a bit carried away.Anyways,both engines are great.If you want to stay true to Sonic though,go for the Egg.

4. Toriano

Toriano

Superficial Member
    Space
    None
    Apologize about all the posting.Just felt like sharing some additional models that I had made.
    I had been studying Sonic's Anatomy ever since November of last year and have done my best
    to create 2 new models for the SGDK that I will hopefully have rigged soon.Both are in 5,500-6000
    polygons.The frame of this Sonic was based from the Colors model.The other character is a custom
    character that uses gravity...though he's a lot more physical when it comes to attacking.Anyways,here
    ya go.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff431/TorionoBr/Duo_3.jpg

5. Seeing that picture, a sort of "reverse-Generations" game comes to mind. Rather than present-day Sonic meeting past Sonic, it's present-day Sonic meeting an aged Sonic 50 years from now.

6. TheActualKK

TheActualKK

Accept no substitutes. Member
    The Funk Dimension
    Sonic GDK - Green Hill Paradise
    I wish that I could say that we just released Green Hill Paradise after all this time and that you can download it right now, but our download link is broken and I haven't yet found a new place to host the 300+ MB file. Does anybody here know a place I could host it that wouldn't die under pressure? Anybody who could help me out now would REALLY be a big help.

Of course, I can at least link you to the release video on youtube, but until we get a working download I'm afraid it's destined to be teaser trailer material. But hey, might as well get it out there anyways. Hopefully it makes you all want the download link fixed as badly as we do now!

Green Hill Paradise release video

7. Toriano

Toriano

Superficial Member
    Space
    None
    You could try Fileden,but I don't know if they have a bandwidth limitation or not.
    Also,would you by any chance be using the October version of SGDK?Ever since
    the update to November-Current,the colors model has failed to work.

8. TheActualKK

TheActualKK

The Funk Dimension

I've been checking around for places. Ideally it won't involve any money to upload in the end, but who's to say considering the file size and the number of requests it may get in upcoming weeks.

I believe we are using October build. It should do fine with the Colors model, yes? From our install tests to a few machines, it seemed to go as planned.

9. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Just watched the video, and DAMN. That is amazingly open.

I hope this is going to be polished though, I saw a lot of lazy-looking inclines and things. But I'm optimistic about where this thing could go. Looks awesome.

10. I see what you mean... I hope I'll surprise you...

It's good to see more Sonic models out there.

11. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    I can honestly say that the only bad things in that video, IMO, is the Colors model being jittery and outdated (Zoney and I are working on a improved model, though it hasn't been touched in a while sorry ^^;), the robots looking pretty harmless and Sonic's just being an asshole to little bots enjoying the beach, and the terrible stretching on the landscape that I don't believe can be fixed as of yet anyway.

In short, kudos. Can't wait for a download link :)

12. TheActualKK

TheActualKK

The Funk Dimension
    Oh, by the way, we fixed the link. Go ahead and give'er a try. Feedback is always welcome as well. Download is much slower than I wanted but what can you do? I'm dead tired from pulling more or less an all-nighter this weekend, so forgive me if this reads informally. Here's the Youtube link again for everybody.

Gotta go fast

Thanks again for taking an interest in our work!

13. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    That is by far the most annoying video I have watched so far this year. But the actual gameplay looks good, so far.

14. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I concur with Aerosol, that's an obnoxious video. I was afraid it would induce a seizure.

The gameplay, however, looks phenomenal. Realizing that the texture stretching can't really be helped, it's still the most unappealing aspect and I hope a remedy is found soon. The rest, though, dang. Really excited for what this can turn into! Also, I hope you guy's would consider a drifting/rubber-banding mechanic in the future, because I can't tell you how cool I know it would feel taking some of those slanted turns!

15. StreakThunderstorm

StreakThunderstorm

Mecha Madness
    It can be helped. Some good ol' UVW unwrapping and retexturing of the terrain would make it pretty. That or use Worldmachine or Terragen to make the terrain. Apply a texture map to that and import it to UDK. Worldmachine or Terragen can create proper erosion in the terrain. It'll make the map look so much better.

16. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    Yeah, I'm not really digging that open worldness, and his videos are all like that (SuperSonic68) they tend to get annoying. I prefer to stick with a dead set layout paths, they just seem to work better for Sonic and the gameplay. But either way, nice work with what you've done.

17. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Make it into an online racing game ! That way you add more pourpouse and gameplay depth for the open running enviromens.
    the game looks to have good structure to be a fun racing game ,

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Downloading Now. This really reminds me of the Sonic CD opening. Which is very awesome.

19. Downloaded. It chugs a lot when looking at everything at once and only a bit when not, but I can definitely see potential in this project.

Specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    Intel HD Graphics
    8 GB RAM
    Intel I3 Core 3.20 GHz

20. Toriano

Toriano

Superficial Member
    Space
    None
    : o
    This is a custom model type that I had an idea for.It basically launches sonic into Eggman's machines allowing him to destroy things from the inside of his computer.
    It's just a thought,but it digitizes sonic into data and acts more like zone jump to a loading screen that allows you to go into a cyber form.Cyber bounce concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoNWnVTx19w