SonicCD_02.mp3?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Overbound, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Does Windows Media Player also use Gracenote? I use WMP and have the same track name--"Metal Sonic". Also, the first time I ripped the music, the only tracks it identified were that and the three Palmtree Panic songs. (I have the US Sega CD version, for the record.)

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    <!--quoteo(post=325802:date=Jul 1 2009, 06:13 PM:name=Squints)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squints @ Jul 1 2009, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325802">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Does Windows Media Player also use Gracenote? I use WMP and have the same track name--"Metal Sonic".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Do people ignore me when I say that the name is in the MP3? :psyduck:

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It was ripped from a copy of the CD though, almost certainly. At the time of the rip it was probably checked with a database that has that as the name.

I mean, I don't recall Sega ever giving mp3 downloads of Sonic CD's music.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    As a sidenote, the original name of CDDB is STILL superior to the crap it was renamed to.

And they're done because of fans tagging them. It's not official. =P And yes, WMP uses it... as does Winamp, foobar2000, iTunes unless Apple charges for it which wouldn't surprise me, etc.

5. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    My SCD rip has it labelled as "Annoying Noise". Makes a lot more sense than Metal Sonic, I think.

6. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    <!--quoteo(post=325612:date=Jul 1 2009, 02:44 AM:name=The Taxman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Taxman @ Jul 1 2009, 02:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325612">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=325101:date=Jun 29 2009, 10:00 PM:name=Sik)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sik @ Jun 29 2009, 10:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325101">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If this was really meant to be the time travel effect, then whoever got the idea is an idiot because it isn't possible to load data from the CD while CD Audio is playing. Most likely why it's using a FM sound instead =P (also makes more sense, being a sound effect >_>).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You can actually skip the time warp cutscene in the mega cd version by pressing start, so I don't think any data is actually being loaded while it happens.
    <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I never knew you could hit start to skip that little scene :psyduck:

7. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    <!--quoteo(post=329889:date=Jul 13 2009, 12:25 AM:name=roxahris)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (roxahris @ Jul 13 2009, 12:25 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=329889">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Annoying Noise".<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I laughed at that because its true. No wonder it was unused! XD

8. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Misfit
    Personally, I like the warp sound from Sonic 510. That is the only one that should have been used. As for this sound, iirc, it was used in 712. Don't go by me though, I am an idiot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.