don't click here

Sonic Zero: Remastered

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Mr.Kaosu, Mar 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patback

Patback

this graphic style is exactly what sonic 4 should have been.

2. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    While I do wish the graphics style was different for Sonic 4, if Sonic Team did try to make it look like a Genesis game, they should at least change the sprites for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Personally, I wish Sonic 4 looked like the official Japanese artwork for the older games. That would have been great.

3. Mr.Kaosu

Mr.Kaosu

4. roxahris

roxahris

Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it. Member
    Doing anything at all
    I gotta say - That music is great!

5. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Boss theme is awesome, and it just so happens that was my favorite Robotnik theme out of all the games. :)

6. Mr.Kaosu

Mr.Kaosu

Well, it's been a wile since I have updated, and I know this random bump here may give me a warning, maybe, but this should be said in my own topic.

Simply put, I need some help on graphics. I'm not making a rom hack, but making everything from scratch mostly in MMF2. My friend sparks is already giving me aid on level design, but he can't do everything for me as he has his own pet project. I'm hoping that there is someone else here that is also good with level design. Not like rom hacking, but spriting and drawing out the over all style of the level itself.

I'm willing to try to make things as easy as I can, but I'm not good in that field, I can only learn from what I see done. If you still don't understand what I'm talking about, think back at Project: Sonic Retro, how everyone was designing enemies, items, signpost, and the levels.

I'm not referring my work to it, nor do I want to, but I want this game to be great in this day and age, no matter what. And it's all thanks to this game here that inspired me.
    Sonic: Zero The original by Max Stunner.

Look at this and maybe you'll understand why my team are trying hard to help me make this even better.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    For future reference, you won't get a warning for bumping or double posting in your own topic as long as your post has some actual valid point.

8. Mr.Kaosu

Mr.Kaosu

I'll remember that well, my post should be valid enough though. I would bow to you if I could.

9. dsrb

dsrb

What? He wasn't saying your post wasn't valid.

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    ... ffffff wrong topic, lawl.

To make it on-topic, lovely music as always. :U I love that boss music, especially seeing as it's been influenced by/remixed from the 8-bit games.

11. Mr.Kaosu

Mr.Kaosu

12. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
  13. Mr.Kaosu

Mr.Kaosu

14. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
  15. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Question... what do you press to progress past the title screen? I've tried about everything possible. :psyduck:

16. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    You probably have a controller plugged in. It disables keyboard control if you do. I had this problem the first time I played it.

17. synchronizer

synchronizer

I would REALLY like to see gameplay footage or at least a couple screenshots of Raving Rig Zone, since I loved the song you made for it. Unfortunately my computer can't play the game so...

18. Gerkuman

Gerkuman

Northampton, UK
    3rd Year University Project (Not Sonic related)
    Interesting Demo, although a short one. I like the style you have for Generic Garden, although I'd hardly call it generic when there's large pipes coming out of the walls. (I know, I know, it's for alliteration.) Every character plays as it should, and your level designs are good too. I love it when Sonic levels move in multiple directions. This looks to be a good foundation for your game, and I hope you continue to build on it. :)

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Thanks, that did just the trick.

Now, this game is awesome. Although I don't care too much for how the level design tends to be based around two springs bouncing eachother back and forth, most of the layout is really good, the art is beautiful, the engine is very smooth and polished (feels somewhat better than the Genesis games themselves (!)), and the music is an almost reproduction of Genesis-style music. This is my favorite SAGE entry so far. :thumbsup:

<span style='color:#000000;background:#000000'>Hate it was so short though :<</span>

20. Mr.Kaosu

Mr.Kaosu

Did you even read the Readme? Could you further explain why it doesn't work on your pc? Also, look one page back on this very thread sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.