don't click here

Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    man all I want is a good port of Sonic Adventure based off the Dreamcast version so we can finally end the DX version being the most accessible port. I can't believe they allowed Adventure's legacy to be tarnished so much with a flubbed up port and I kind of wonder if they're even aware of the problems with the DX version?

2. penBorefield

penBorefield

Living in my best life Member
    Basement
    Patching things up
    They won't. They're sweeping things under the rug.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2024
  3. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Both Sonics are attractive, aren't they?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    so later this year Persona 3 Reload is getting The Answer, a bonus campaign from Persona 3 FES that is about 20 hours, as DLC. the director of this remake outright wanted it as part of the base game when it was in development and the suits wouldn't listen to him or allocate resources for it.

but now that it is successful they greenlit it. Sega's bean counters don't seem to want to green light a lot of things if there is no proof of demand for it.

5. I think we'll get a remake of Sonic Adv over the next couple of years. The DC version still remains the best 3D platform game I have played despite all its flaws.
    It was just such a wide ride when playing it over Christmas 1998.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    You believe him?

7. Vertette

Vertette

You say that as if it's hard to believe.

8. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Game came out early February. By March 6th they already had a fancy trailer with gameplay footage and cutscenes.

Considering this is also the same publisher that also put the New Game + behind a paywall for Like A Dragon's: Infinite Wealth, yeah I find it very hard to believe.

9. MH MD

MH MD

That’s factually wrong.

even ignoring the outlandish idea of measuring success> green lighting DLC> make a whole new trailer of existing gameplay content within a month

But even ignoring all that, the DLC was actually datamined AT THE RELEASE OF THE BASE GAME, all DLCs in fact, it was always planned.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...3-reload-dlc-the-answer-found-in-new-datamine

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    References to DLC being in the game code and files is not proof the DLC will be made for certain. Star Wars Battlefront 2 has many VA lines and references to heroes who were never planned for certain but as possibilities. They never released.

It's possible Atlus was dead set on delivering the DLC but it's also possible the DLC would only be greenlit after a certain amount of sales.

11. MH MD

MH MD

Datamining alone wouldn’t be a proof yes

however we take several factors here, the data mining, the details of ALL dlc and not one, the fact they already worked on it mean it was planned and didn’t wait for sales numbers to “greenlight”, the actual leak of its existence before even the release of the game, and most importantly it was announcer with a full trailer like a month after the game release , it’s just not possible.

Also going back on old reviews, they actually confirmed that the development of the DLC began after announcement of the remake, not after the release, which is a huge difference

https://personacentral.com/episode-aigis-interview/

12. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    That only makes it worse. It means they intentionally released an incomplete remake, only to sell part of it as DLC later. DLC that was already existing content, part of the previous home console release!

13. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    If you can make a collection of Genesis games nobody will buy, and two mini consoles nobody will buy, and 4 tiny game gears nobody CAN buy, I think it's a pretty simple ask to get a collection of a few Sonic games that only Sonic fans will buy. At least then you have a target audience.

14. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Great if true, though until we've seen some actual footage from the Switch version confirming this I'm holding off on pre-ordering. I'm hoping it's the case though, I had a great time with the OG Sonic Generations back in the day, and I'm actually really interested in Shadow Generations from what we've been shown so far.

Also, I just realised that if I do pick this up, it'll be the first 3D Sonic game I've bought since Sonic Generations originally launched back in 2011! Can anyone more au fait with the recent 3D entries tell me, do players still have the option to select the Japanese voices on the Switch versions? = )

15. It was pretty easy to buy the mini Game Gear on it's launch, so I don't get your silly point on that one. And I would have imagined the mini 'Mega Drive' did well enough to have SEGA make a sequel. What SEGA's Toy Division has to do with Sonic Team making a few more Sonic games is anyone's guess.

I would guess in the long run Sonic Team will make bring out a new version of Sonic Adv 1 and 2 at some stage, Sonic Adv 1 for sure.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    As someone who has 4 of the Game Gears, I would not argue it was easy. Had to use an importer, and they were NOT cheap.

17. MH MD

MH MD

It was "existing content"....that you had to buy for the whole game again if you bought the original persona 3, now you had to buy FES

it was also not existing on the PSP release that was after it

But also, the nature of this content, it makes sense to present it as DLC actually, it's an epilogue that should be played after a while to let the ending sink in, wouldn't make sense to include it in the base game as is, at least not part of the main story

18. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    Irrelevant.
    Which also sucked.
    Yet it was included in Persona 3 FES as part of a normally-priced retail release.

The only DLC that makes sense, in my opinion, is extra content developed after the game's release. This content already existed. It's plain greed, which I don't think deserves defending.

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    My main issue is that they were playing some sort of sympathy card.

"Oh we WANTED to include The Answer, but hehe well, you know, we just couldn't :^)"

If they would have just been straight and said The Answer won't be available at launch, it's coming in a future expansion, that would have been fine. But Atlus gotta Atlus. The Answer was not the result of bean counters waking up to a demand, they planned this scumbag move from the start.

But we're far beyond the original topic at this point.

20. MH MD

MH MD

Totally relevant.

cause…

As a DLC, that you had to buy the whole game for, again.

people were annoyed of P5R for the same reason

Just like the original release of The Answer, then.

But also, being planned from the beginning and partially developed already doesn’t mean it’s also not still being developed after the game’s release, otherwise they would have released it already and not like after 9 months, it’s in their best interests to release it sooner for maximum gains, Atlus usually does release DLC day 1 so this is not the norm for them, SMTV V which just released a week ago had Day1 DLCs for example , whole quests locked behind them

Given the base game already exists on Game Pass, but also somehow “The Answer” exists there as well on the higher tier of Game Pass Ultimate, which can be redeemed and be yours and “owned”, they are not really greedy with this release as you would expect normally from Atlus

But anyway my original comment was mainly about the nature of this content that really works best as an additional content and shouldn’t be part of the main experience, could have been a free update for all i care.

But also cause it honestly sucked with only like 1 hour of good relevant content buried in 30-40 hours of slog, not expecting the remake to do it better

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List