Sonic X Season 1 on YouTube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Meph, May 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    <!--quoteo(post=312968:date=May 28 2009, 12:30 PM:name=PC2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PC2 @ May 28 2009, 12:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312968">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As if the original is any better? =P Come on guys, this is Sonic X we're talking about.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No, it really is. The Japanese Sonic X is my second favourite of the series after AoStH - I enjoy watching it.

Seeing the dubbed episode 1 for the first time was a horrible experience...

2. Insalubrious

Insalubrious

The Writing Writer Member
    <!--quoteo(post=313122:date=May 28 2009, 03:04 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ May 28 2009, 03:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313122">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No, it really is. The Japanese Sonic X is my second favourite of the series after AoStH - I enjoy watching it.

Seeing the dubbed episode 1 for the first time was a horrible experience...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Woo woo, AoStH! I have to agree. Sonic X and AoStH are good stuff.

I remember watching the French dub of season 3 as it was coming out—because, for some reason, it aired in France before Japan. That was certainly weird. But even then, I think the French dub was better than the English one.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    Well, yes - for one thing they kept the original music =P Hell, they even did a resing of the theme USING the original music!

4. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    <!--quoteo(post=313122:date=May 28 2009, 08:04 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ May 28 2009, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313122">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=312968:date=May 28 2009, 12:30 PM:name=PC2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PC2 @ May 28 2009, 12:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312968">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As if the original is any better? =P Come on guys, this is Sonic X we're talking about.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No, it really is. The Japanese Sonic X is my second favourite of the series after AoStH - I enjoy watching it.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree, the Japanese version of Sonic X, in my opinion, is very good. I originally watched it in sub, all 78 episodes, and enjoyed it much more than the few dubbed episodes I've seen. Though, there are episodes like Huge Shoot-out on the Savannah and Chris' Long Journey that are meh.

5. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    <!--quoteo(post=313136:date=May 28 2009, 10:15 PM:name=Insalubrious)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insalubrious @ May 28 2009, 10:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313136">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it aired in France before Japan. That was certainly weird.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually, "Season 3", or rather, Series 2 of Sonic X NEVER aired in Japan. ... yup, it's weird. They got it all dubbed in Japanese, but not aired on television.

The fact the French dub is good is because the french dubbers got the rights to dub it in their region BEFORE 4Kids secured the rights for the rest of the "international, outside-Japan" Zone. ... that, and they know their job.

6. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    <!--quoteo(post=313312:date=May 29 2009, 01:44 AM:name=Herm the Germ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Herm the Germ @ May 29 2009, 01:44 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313312">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=313136:date=May 28 2009, 10:15 PM:name=Insalubrious)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Insalubrious @ May 28 2009, 10:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313136">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->it aired in France before Japan. That was certainly weird.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Actually, "Season 3", or rather, Series 2 of Sonic X NEVER aired in Japan. ... yup, it's weird. They got it all dubbed in Japanese, but not aired on television.

The fact the French dub is good is because the french dubbers got the rights to dub it in their region BEFORE 4Kids secured the rights for the rest of the "international, outside-Japan" Zone. ... that, and they know their job.

As well, the most used or seen sub for Season 3/Series 2 is based on the French dub. I have yet to find a sub based on the Japanese voiceover that was made.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    <!--quoteo(post=313244:date=May 29 2009, 12:04 AM:name=Enzo Aquarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ May 29 2009, 12:04 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313244">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=313122:date=May 28 2009, 08:04 PM:name=Overlord)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Overlord @ May 28 2009, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313122">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=312968:date=May 28 2009, 12:30 PM:name=PC2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PC2 @ May 28 2009, 12:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312968">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As if the original is any better? =P Come on guys, this is Sonic X we're talking about.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I agree, the Japanese version of Sonic X, in my opinion, is very good. I originally watched it in sub, all 78 episodes, and enjoyed it much more than the few dubbed episodes I've seen. Though, there are episodes like Huge Shoot-out on the Savannah and Chris' Long Journey that are meh.
    Well, yeah, but every TV show has duff episodes =P

8. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    To those saying that the japanese version has more swearing... that's probably just the subtitles. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe the japanese language doesn't have swear words at all.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Berkshire, England
    Learning Cymraeg
    <a href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-25546,00.html" target="_blank">http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/...,-25546,00.html</a>

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The no swear words in Japanese is a myth. The excellent "Japanese Street Slang" is full of them. Some are euphemisms but there are several that have the same meaning and impact as swear words in other languages. Saying "manko" (c*nt) has equal impact to saying the English word and it is banned from TV. The reason that many people believe that there are no swear words in Japanese is because they are not commonly used on TV and subtitles for Western movies usually resort to watered down translations such as "gosh!" or "stupid." English is definitely more colorful and varied when it comes to verbal abuse, but Japanese has several options when it comes to slagging someone off or shouting an expletive.

Matt, Tokyo, Japan<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Plus several of the other replies on that page =P

10. CsSmithy

CsSmithy

I never really bothered with Sonic X until a couple of months ago, when I decided to try and watch all the episodes. I couldnt easily find episodes of the japanese version, so I watched the english dub. Im on episode 68 or something like that, and I have to say-it isnt THAT bad, there are a couple of genuinely funny bits in the english version. That said, the japanese version is probably way better- if they had just kept the episodes unedited but put english voices in it would have been awesome.

Prehap 4Kids or another company will get the english voice actors to do an unedited version of the english Sonic X, that would be great.

But the Japanese version does have Sonic Drive...

'S.O.N.I.C GO!
    S.O.N.I.C GO!'

11. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    <!--quoteo(post=312138:date=May 25 2009, 03:27 PM:name=Tweaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tweaker @ May 25 2009, 03:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That said, I probably won't watch this because I despise the dub of Sonic X, but it's cool to see that it's available to watch. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I despise Sonic X as a whole just because its gay in my opinion.

12. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    <!--quoteo(post=313618:date=May 29 2009, 09:02 PM:name=Glisp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Glisp @ May 29 2009, 09:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313618">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=312138:date=May 25 2009, 03:27 PM:name=Tweaker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tweaker @ May 25 2009, 03:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=312138">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That said, I probably won't watch this because I despise the dub of Sonic X, but it's cool to see that it's available to watch. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I despise Sonic X as a whole just because its gay in my opinion.

[​IMG]

:colbert:

13. amphobius

amphobius

doing more important things with my life Member
    life
    OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT IS THAT

-------------------------------------------
    Seriously, I can't believe I watched this when I was 9 or 10, the voice acting was horrible, Chris was annoying and more. Still, it has an influence on me... (Yes, one of the reasons D:)

14. Yuzu

Yuzu

<!--quoteo(post=313751:date=May 30 2009, 07:35 AM:name=DalekSam)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DalekSam @ May 30 2009, 07:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=313751">[​IMG]</a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OH MY FUCKING GOD WHAT IS THAT

-------------------------------------------
    Seriously, I can't believe I watched this when I was 9 or 10, the voice acting was horrible, Chris was annoying and more. Still, it has an influence on me... (Yes, one of the reasons D:)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I watched it when bored, it's not like I really enjoyed it though. I thought voice acting for most characters was horrible, and after I watched the Japanese version I can't go back to how horrible the English dub is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.