don't click here

Sonic X makes me sick >.<

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LOst, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I have followed 21 episodes, and the more I get the more I hate it.

First of all, this rich Thorndyke family. Why must Sonic and Co end up living with a rich family to begin with? If Sonic is such a hero, why can't he live with a poor family instead?

Chris Thorndyke = The worst character ever! I really hate him. He always does these faces like if he owns the world. His two friends, Francine (girl) and Daniel (black guy) look up at him if he was some kind of a prince. He's not fun. He's not smart. And his love for Sonic is exteme.

Chuck Thorndyke = Chris' grandfather. He is trying to be this funny character. Why is he living at Chris' house to begin with? Can't he find his own home?

Decoe and Bocoe = Eggman's sidekicks. They are always whining about work and how they feel. They are robots for gods sake! They are not human. Why are they whining all the time? >.<;

Eggman = He is supposed to be this evil guy. Where do his robots come from? Not even Decoe and Bocoe know where and when Eggman built them. Still they are like sharing the same bed at night >.<;

Sonic = Yay, our hero! Arrogant, lazy, ignorant. It's him alright? And the whole world go crazy when they see him. WTF? He's worse than Chris! He's the only one that can handle Eggman. He beats Eggman in approximately 70 seconds every episode. And all the other characters can't even make a scratch on Eggman's stupid robots. He has this ability to gain power with just a touch from a little ring. Tails is usually keeping the rings because.... well, it seems like Sonic doesn't have any pockets to put the rings in, and he is to lazy to carry anything. Someone! Get me a super hero PLZ!

Tails = He's probably the most visible character in the whole series. He can build robots, but he can't survive on his own. He must have Sonic! And those chaos emerald of course. It seems he is the only one doing something! Still, I hate SA Tails so much. He doesn't look cute in any way. He looks stupid and fat.

Rouge the Bat = WTF again. She is like already in a SWAT team helping the president. She says clarly that she wants the chaos emeralds because they possesses powers. What a goal in life eh? I want chaos emeralds because they have powers, but I don't know how to use the power. And always when she appears, this sax are playing sexy mistery tones (4kids version). She's only there to show lipstick and boobs.

Amy Rose = Always angry at everything. Annoying for sure. I have always wanted to know why she wants Sonic? I mean they are completely different in all ways possible.

Cream the Rabbit = Arrrrrrrrgh! She pisses me off! And that chao of hers is extremely annoying! Her voice kills me! A character that should never have been born. She sleeps 1 inch from a big woman named Ella that talks in a wierd accent.

Mr. Tanaka = Is this Yuji Naka? No. Combine Sonic's behaviour and Mr. Tanaka's look to make the creator of Sonic. That's what I think. Oh god save me from all these characters!

Ella = Is she and Mr. Tanaka slaves to the Thorndyke family? Yes they are! Message to kiddies out there from Sonic Team: To succeed in life, have rich parents, and slaves around you. That way Sonic will visit you!
    Well, Ella is trying to be funny. I don't know. She's fat and that is the only thing I am thinking about. Those Tom and Jerry cartoons or old Disney cartoons where these fat ladies are in control of the household that some rich family owns. Times that I thought ended around the year 1940.

Knuckles the Echidna = Hmm. Hate him!

Rest of the gang = Hate them.

Okay, a simple episode is built around a system as follow:
    1. President's people are spying on Chris all the time.
    2. Sonic is ignoring every character around him and usually takes a nap or runs somewhere through 15 minutes out of a 19 minutes episode. Always show up when everyone has got into a problem (usually Eggman's robot attacks).
    3. Eggman, Decoe, and Bocoe are whining through 10 minutes of the episode.
    4. Chris is making faces, because he is so popular, people have to be around him.
    5. Tails is flying with his X tornado, being helpless when it comes to a battle.
    6. Knuckles shows up, daydreaming about his quiet home guarding the master emerald. What a life!
    7. A lot of people around town are crazy when they see or hear anything about Sonic.
    8. Cream is watching a flat screen television and Cheese has to make the annoying "chao chao" talk.
    9. Amy is eating lots of candy that Ella makes.
    10. Sonic shows up, saves the day in less than two minutes from the end, everyone is happy except for Eggman and the president's aid.

Gah, a sum up:
    Ignorant hero, rich, lazy, arrogant, - Steals the credits from 39 other useless characters, 19 minutes drama with very poor animations (updates 1 frame per second sometimes) and Japanese "making faces" jokes.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I stopped watching that show after episode 2.

It just didn't appeal to me. I don't usually watch to much anime to begin with. So I cannot really judge it or anything.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I agree with all above points, and would like to add that the writer for this story needs to be fucking shot multiple times, then castrated.

4. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    ... I always thought of Decoe and Bocoe as a newer version of Scratch and Grounder. XD!

Eh, I do have some issues with Cream's voice, Shadow needs a bit more scenage in my opinion (Yes, we saw that one coming outta my mouth. XD!), and Chris is kind of annoying. For once, I think a female character would've better fit where Chris does. Maybe one of those tomboyish type girls that you'd never expect to do a thing, and then WHAM. lol.

The second season is a load better than the first, in my opinion. My biggest problem with first season is how they cut stuff out, like Shadow beating up Chris in the SA2B arc.

5. Miles3298

Miles3298

100% agreement here. Plenty more stuff to rant about (horrible voice acting and its chain of events) but no need to. =P

6. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    The episode synopsis is so true. I'll care about Sonic X if an episode has Mighty in it, and just a screen cap would be enough for me.
    Now I want to see that episode.

7. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Sonic X, isn?t that bad... but I need to admit, the first half of first series, is pretty annoying... From this part, episodes 1, 2, 5, 9, 17, 20 and 26 are good. The second half, it?s the adaptation of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2... the Chaos Saga (episodes 27-32) and Shadow Saga (33-38). Also the special episode with Chaotix is nice(39)... then, the serie get worst again, and to a really crap Sonic Battle Adaptation. X_X The 3 final episodes are good... but the rest osf the series is junk... And if you watched the 4KIDS adaptation... you have more reason to hate it. =P I personally think Decoe, Bocoe and Bokkun was a good addition for the series... but Chris, and his family no... Also Cream, was originally a character for the anim?, she wasn?t to be in the games.

But the second series is much, much better... Now, THAT is a Sonic Cartoon I waited since Sonic OVA... have Chris, have Cream, but they?re different from the first one. The battles are longer (about 3 to 4 minutes this time) and the final battle take about 3 episodes, and the animation is better and the background are decent colored this time. The story is more enjoyable... it?s a Dragon Ball GT parody, but it?s turned better than it. XD

Episode 38. Have fun! =P

8. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Well, I've watched a fair share (used to) and I could agree that the English voice-acting and censoring (such as one time that some people [the older human characters unrelated to the Thorndyke family] were drunk; I've seen many anime series that used that same face so I know when a character is drunk) are bad.

However...

Chris Thorndyke = Token kid/hero/one who discovers some strange shit that isn't "natural" to the world depicted in an anime series.

Chuck Thorndyke = Token scientist.

Decoe and Bocoe = Comic relief. It's because they are robots and they are whining. People wonder what would happen if robots had human intelligence... well, there you go. :P Almost guaranteed one would say "They haven't powered me down in months."

Dr. Eggman = Comic relief, again. He's more AoSth Robotnik/Eggman than SatAM or SU Robotnik/Eggman.

Sonic = Always been arrogant, lazy (to a point), and somewhat ignorant.

Tails = At least he can build robots period as opposed to being shown as entirely weak as in other series that he was portrayed in.

Rouge = Many people have argued that she is just there for sex appeal. The reason why they play "sexy mystery music" is because she's suppose (keyword, suppose) to be mysterious because she's a thief. As for already being on a SWAT team, you could call that a plothole if you mean that it should be compatible with the game storylines.

Amy Rose = Possibly some more comic relief. Romantic comedy and being mismatched to the person she wants. Although I think that an Tails/Amy pairing makes more sense than a Tails/Cream one, I mean if you use the argument that it is "inter-species" then it is either way. :P

Cream = The innocent little girl archetype/stereotype, Ella seen as a sort of mother figure in the absense of her real mother.

Mr. Tanaka = Butler... possible comic relief but mostly he's just there to look and sound serious, etc.

Ella = One of the servants. Although I don't agree with the idea of servants myself, it is different from being a slave. I don't really like her (or much of the others for that matter) voice that they chose to use for the 4Kids version.

Knuckles = An asshole since day one anyway. Even when they (Sonic and Knuckles) are allies, it seems to be an uneasy alliance.

Later in the series, Sonic and the rest of the anthropomorphic animals (I.e. Tails, Knuckles, Cream, Amy, Rouge, etc.) don't have to be in hiding.

You're overexaggerating about the quality of the animation. Look at any Japanese cartoon and tell me that none of them (excluding motion pictures) have a lower/slower frame-rate than their Western counterparts?

(Percentage of the world's cartoons which are produced in Japan: 60%
    Average number of frames in an American cartoon: 12,000
    Average number of frames in a Japanese anime: 3,500
    Percentage of box office gross in Japan accounted for by anime: 55%)

9. Totally agree with the first post. Sonic X is terrible, especially compared to AoStH (pretty good) and SatAM (mostly watchable).

10. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I'd quite like to see the non-4Kids ones, but I cannot watch the 4Kids ones. Awful voices.

11. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    I haven't watched it in a while, but I just thought it was sega trying to toy with my mind with the story plots. The show has got stupid, enough to where Sonic Underground is more entertaining, and that's only got like 21 episodes(UPN is doing some weird experiment, odd-days begining of the series -> end, even-days vise versa). Somehow Guess_Who's comment about 4kids removing rouge's cleavage is making me laugh my ass off right now. Anyways, overall, the show is just another example of 4kids ruining a classic fav amongst people.

12. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    IT IS ONLY A CARTOON

Put simply, how can it stay true to the Sonic universe when there never was any coherent plot in the first place? The origin of the Doctor was never really brought up, aside from haphazard mentions in both Sonic comics. The number of the Chaos Emeralds never remained constant - six in 1, seven in 2, eight in the Fighters, Super and Master emeralds in Sonic and Knuckles... Trying to build any coherent plot out of this would be akin to trying to build a card house in the middle of a hurricane with randomly exploding cards.

It's exploring our world through the Mobian universe's inhabitants' eyes. So what?

13. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

Lava Reef Zone
    ... okay, why is everyone but me down on Sonic Underground? >.<

But whaddya mean 21 episodes? I have the VCD set right here beside me and there are 40 episodes! That's actually more episodes than even the coolest anime like Outlaw Star and Vision of Escaflowne got. (Both of said serieses consisting of 26 episodes a piece, but then again, those aren't Sonic, so I guess mentioning them in episode number comparisons doesn't really count.)

14. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    Elusive, calm down. People can voice their opinons about cartoons, its just a fact of life, and the internet.

EDIT: I don't hate SU, I watch it almost every morning, when it ends I flip over to MTV/VH1 for my daily dose of music videos. BTW: The new korn video for twisted transistor is halarious :P

15. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

Lava Reef Zone
    I didn't know Sonic Underground was coming on UPN. What time and what channel number? I'll surf for it and all on my TV. [/too lazy to check tv guide]

16. Vangar

Vangar

I agree that the series is crap, but:

This is just like SatAM Sonic anyway. Tails has kept a ring on his backpack and given it to sonic (a single one) When he needs it.

... I think, I haven't watched in a long time.

17. voice

voice

45mins west of Chicago
    I don't think its the same across the board but for the sake of answering your question:

Station: UPN
    Channel: 8(cable)/50(air)
    Show: Sonic Underground
    Type: Local
    Time: 6:00AM - 6:30AM
    Frequency: Weekdays

Try using tv.yahoo.com to see if its in your area SCS, I stumbled across the show last summer when I got up a 5AM for some reason.

18. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    And so my ignore list gets longer. *plonk*

19. Kles

Kles

I fucking hate how they drew Tails in SatAM.

20. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I think that Sonic gets power from the ring because let's face it, don't you do a lot more when you have a ring? I do, because I don't think I will die at any second. :P

And I watched the first few episodes of the Japanese version, thanks to Kles, and I really enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.