don't click here

Sonic x Inugami Korone thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by biggestsonicfan, Jun 23, 2022.

1. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
  2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    That second art is so adorable. New avatar now cuz I just like it a lot. It's a bizarre collab for sure but honestly I like it a lot.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  3. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    Sonic and Korone have finally met!

4. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    The Cafe Collab details have been released! https://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/event/20221003_003018/

event_221108_01_01.jpg

acrylic stand 2,800 yen (3,080 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_02.jpg

acrylic keychain (Korone Inugami/Sonic the Hedgehog/Korone Inugami mini character ver.) 850 yen each (935 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_03.jpg
    can badge set 1,800 yen (1,980 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_04.jpg
    blanket 3,500 yen (3,850 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_05.jpg
    poster 2,000 yen (2,200 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_06.jpg
    Mug 2,500 yen (2,750 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_07.jpg
    T-shirt (white) 3,500 yen (3,850 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_08.jpg
    T-shirt (navy) 3,500 yen (3,850 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_09.jpg
    chili dog plate 4,500 yen (4,950 yen including tax)

event_221108_01_10.jpg
    pin badge 1,000 yen (1,100 yen including tax)

CHILI. DOG. PLATE.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    I guess I should go buy all that stuff out and resell it here, huh... :V

6. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    Interestingly, the Korone DLC for Frontiers works on English version copies with localized description text.

EDIT: This is probably for the Switch only, as PS4 DLC is region locked (even though PS4 titles are not)

EDIT2: PS4 dlc is locked to the PSN account region, not the console itself. As the JPN copy of Frontiers has both English text and audio, it's localized technically.

Bonus! The DLC page's image for the Korone Sound Effects dlc!

Nra1thZuVz3ProsRTZu6HT7Y.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member

8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    May I ask, what's so charming about this Dog Vtuber Thing that it can get these promotional crossovers with Sonic? I don't get it.

9. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    it's rather popular in japan and either the vtuber or the agency they're from just has a good relation with sega I guess

10. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The relationship came quite literally from her just playing the games on stream.

Which is incredibly fucking sad to me.

12. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Then where the fuck is Cybershell's cross promotions??? Fuck you Sega.

13. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    That sounds like the name of someone who doesn't live in Japan for Sega JP to take notice of. :V

14. LuckyLagomorph

LuckyLagomorph

Nope, IN
    Drawing shit
    Korone played the games of her own volition and has shown a legitimate love for the series, which is unfortunately a rarity it seems when it comes to public figures in Japan. Not even SEGA are dumb enough to not take advantage of that, especially with their recent efforts to make the franchise more popular in their home country.

Of course her being part of a talent agency played a part in the partnership.

As for what makes her so charming…..people just like anime girls, especially ones that can actually talk back to fans. The future is now, old man!

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Korone is a near-universally happy personality who exudes cheeriness and a love for what it is she's doing. That is very rare for any Youtuber of any stripe. It certainly doesn't describe Cybershell =P

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. corneliab

corneliab

Get a grip?

17. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's that level of cheeriness, and general anime cute girl style that I personally find to be so unpalatable. I understand that there's a huge appeal the right groups, but Jesus Christ that appeal is just so awful to me. The VTuber trend can't die out quickly enough.

But also, as long as it doesn't actually affect me then I don't really care. People will continue to like what they like.

19. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Personally, I like getting opinions from wildly different perspectives. Hard to get more opposite of me than woman on the other side of the planet playing an anime dog. Same vibes as these kind of YouTube videos.

20. MH MD

MH MD

It’s not a “trend”, it will not die, VTubing is genuinely a new way of streaming, almost feel like a new medium, it actually make streaming more accessible for those who prefers more privacy, or they are less confident in their selfs but vtubing allow them to stream more comfortably, which is only a great thing and i am glad it exists now -but also like 90% vtubers i know dont even act like “cheery cute anime girls” even if they have those avatars, they are just regular streamers with unique way of interacting with audience-

as for Korone, it’s not like there aren’t hundreds of anime girls in the vtuber space, what makes her stand out and have more appeal is:
    - Her interest in retro games, she plays really old games from 80s on original hardware
    - Her endurance, she can stream for like +12 hours playing some really old hard game
    - She is genuinely funny, and engaging to watch, come up with some of the weirdest reactions and jokes
    - Cute dog