don't click here

Sonic X DVD Dual-Audio Rips?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shade Vortex, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Now, I'm not sure if this is against the rules of the forum, but I want to know if anyone can get me direct download links (I don't trust torrents anymore) for the DVD rips of all the Sonic X episodes, seasons 1 through 3 (in case I decide to do the other seasons in the future).

More information on the Abridged series will come as it gets closer to fruition, but at this stage, it's just preparation for the start of the project. Now, I know Sonic X is old news by now, but I just recently had the urge to do an abridged series, sort of a sudden and impulsive decision, but one I'm dedicated towards.

Of course, the reason I want the dual audio (Japanese and English) version is so that I can toggle the subtitles on and off (on for when I want to know what's being said, as I might keep the general gist of the conversations flowing the same, and off for when I'm having everything redubbed with the abridged script) and use the original Japanese footage to boot (in case I want to undo any censorship).

Or was there ever a DVD with uncut footage? Even if the footage is still cut, I'd want a dual audio version if one exists. Or if I have no choice, the edited English version is fine too, as long as all the episodes are available for direct download. Not having the uncut footage isn't required, but it is preferred, so if you can, please supply me if you can. MKV and avi format are fine if there is a dual audio version. I'd appreciate it very much (and would even credit you for the rips in the abridged series credits).

If this is against the rules, I apologize, please trash the thread if it is.

2. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Please don't make an abridged series.

3. Impish

Impish

Yeah, there is already a good one, Sonic F. I've seen some shity abridged series started by people who have never done it before, and it makes me angry because they think they're funny.

4. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I should have mentioned, this isn't my first abridged series (the last one is deleted by now though), and I have someone with comedy and editing experience helping me.
    Why don't you all withhold judgement until you see what I do with it? Then you can bash me if it sucks.

But seriously, can anyone get me the rips? It won't hurt you to help me, even if you don't support the project.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No one has all DVD rips as far as I know.

6. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    ITT: Don't make something; there's already a good one!

I don't get this trend. Why put down one before it's even begun? You could potentially have two great series to watch as opposed to one. :psyduck:

(No, I can't help with the actual topic, I'm just saying)

7. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
  8. If you release it as a video podcast like Yu-Gi-Oh abridged, I'll give you free hosting if it's good.

And wasn't there a thread about someone who was releasing subbed Sonic X eps?

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah puto but he stopped after 4kids started subbing episodes.

He may have the dvds for the japanese version but not english.

10. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Sonic X had a lot of music that was never released on a soundtrack, including a longer version of Eggman's theme. It would be nice to rip those for completeness' sake.

11. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I found pretty much what I was looking for, except it was the English version. I had my friend torrent it for me, he's sending me the episodes one at a time. I guess I could see if I can find a Japanese rip with toggleable subtitles so I can undo censorship still, otherwise I guess the 4kids edits will stay in place if I can't find it.

So yeah, since I doubt asking for torrents (I can get my friend to download them for me now) abides by the rules, I guess this thread can be locked. It seems nobody has all the rips, and it's probably easier to find a torrent for them on Google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.